the shootings helped obama.

i agree, but i doubt there is a president in history who wouldn't show up.

I'm not so sure, in this heavily partisan political age I'm not so sure this or many other presidents would attend if the other belonged to the opposing political party unless his presence was requested.

disagree. not showing up, particurally if it was the other political party, would be bad for your popularity rating.

No doubt about it. It's just what Presidents do. About the only criticism I have is that he probably spoke too long.

just a question here: why was this one so much more important than all the other previous shootings? am I misremembering presidents going to memorial services for other victims of this type?

just a question here: why was this one so much more important than all the other previous shootings? am I misremembering presidents going to memorial services for other victims of this type?
I'm pretty sure I remember Clinton being at Columbine and Bush being at the Va Tech memorial.

I can see Palin, but how is Obama not amongst the best and brightest.

It depends on how you define best I guess. Obama is certainly no idiot, I would never consider him among the brightest presidents either though. He falls short of Clinton who played the game in a similar way. Clinton was savvy enough to realize the time to move to the center and saved his presidency. Obama seems very reluctant to do so and with a very uncertain outlook over the next year or two it could very well cost him.

Don't be a homer. He's a personality first and foremost and always has been. That's not a knock. But he isn't a genius (not saying he's dumb, just saying) and he isn't the most skilled politician either, judging from how his first 2 years while controlling congress went for him and his agenda.

how is he? Just because he went to a good school makes him brilliant? Bush went to one too but no one says he's part of the B&B club.

Obama is a heck of a campaigner and speech reader but not much else

Don't be a homer. He's a personality first and foremost and always has been. That's not a knock. But he isn't a genius (not saying he's dumb, just saying) and he isn't the most skilled politician either, judging from how his first 2 years while controlling congress went for him and his agenda.

Arguing he isn't the most skilled politician is kind of arguing my point. What are we basing the best and brightest off of he did go to two Ivy League schools and was the editor of the law review, so he is clearly at worst in the top 1%. Is the baseline for best and brightest Stephen Hawking?

It was the job of the president to take front stage after the concerted attack on 9-11. Obama attending this function was strictly political, it was neither his job nor his responsibility to do so. There is an obvious difference between the two events, Obama went with the objective to score political points, it was the only objective.

I think you are reaching a little here since the target was a Congresswoman.

I wonder if Obama is the first Pres to hand out t-shirts at a memorial service?

how is he? Just because he went to a good school makes him brilliant? Bush went to one too but no one says he's part of the B&B club.

Obama is a heck of a campaigner and speech reader but not much else

Bush's father was the leader of the CIA. Anyone being remotely honest will agree that opens a few more doors than what Obama came from. Also, Bush didn't excel once he got there. To argue he isn't the best and brightest is being a "homer". All the evidence says he is, so the burden of proof is on people who claim a man of average intelligence can make excellent grades at an Ivy league school and score in the top 99.5 percentile on the LSAT.

Arguing he isn't the most skilled politician is kind of arguing my point. What are we basing the best and brightest off of he did go to two Ivy League schools and was the editor of the law review, so he is clearly at worst in the top 1%. Is the baseline for best and brightest Stephen Hawking?

if he was the best and brightest how did he get into harvard law despite not being on the honor roll at columbia?

Bush's father was the leader of the CIA. Anyone being remotely honest will agree that opens a few more doors than what Obama came from. Also, Bush didn't excel once he got there. To argue he isn't the best and brightest is being a "homer". All the evidence says he is, so the burden of proof is on people who claim a man of average intelligence can make excellent grades at an Ivy league school and score in the top 99.5 percentile on the LSAT.

so being black opens no doors? And please link Obama's grades because I would like to see them

yes clearly I meant he was literally at the door handling them out. That's beneath him

so being black opens no doors? And please link Obama's grades because I would like to see them

yes clearly I meant he was literally at the door handling them out. That's beneath him

You guys are like birthers. WHERE ARE THE TRANSCRIPTS!!!!!! Law school is a numbers game. He got into Harvard law, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say he made good grades and did exceptionally well on the LSAT. To argue otherwise is as crazy as arguing he was born in Kenya.

You guys are like birthers. WHERE ARE THE TRANSCRIPTS!!!!!! Law school is a numbers game. He got into Harvard law, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say he made good grades and did exceptionally well on the LSAT. To argue otherwise is as crazy as arguing he was born in Kenya.

you made the claim of "excellent grades at an Ivy league school" so I just asked for some proof. Don't get all upset that your facts were called out

once again. why wasn't he on occidental or columbia's honor roll if he had good grades?

I'm just saying I could beat his ass at Trivial Pursuit, and would love a shot at him on Jeopardy. Maybe I'm an arrogant SOB, but I just think his intelligence is greatly overrated. Is he in the top 10 % of the population? Sure. But there are 30 million Americans up there with him.

I'm just saying I could beat his ass at Trivial Pursuit, and would love a shot at him on Jeopardy. Maybe I'm an arrogant SOB, but I just think his intelligence is greatly overrated. Is he in the top 10 % of the population? Sure. But there are 30 million Americans up there with him.

he has a VERY simplistic view of the world. high intelligence doesn't generally follow from those type of people.

BO has put a stop on all his transcripts and personal info from the public. What is he hiding?

you made the claim of "excellent grades at an Ivy league school" so I just asked for some proof. Don't get all upset that your facts were called out

All upset? My facts are called out. The **** are you talking about? You are literally making the case that

1. Obama did not get good grades at Columbia

2. Even with his poor grades, he somehow was admitted to Harvard Law(100% attributable to his being black no doubt)

3. Once at Harvard he made editor of the law review even though his grades were probably not up to par(given the honor because he is black?)

The level of suspension of disbelief is truly astounding.

for the 3rd time. if he had good grades at columbia why wasn't he on the honor roll? and yes some black people do get admitted into harvard law with lower grades than other students. shocking!

VN Store

Back