The Runner's thread

Just finished a 5k on the treadmill. 26 min 45 sec. Ran with an incline of 1. Running on a treadmill sucks but it's better than nothing.

I think I'm gonna have to shut the running down for a week or 2. My heels kill me the day after I run. I'm gonna stick to seimming and biking and then stat back with some light running and see if it's any better.

Probably a good idea. Cycling is easiest on my body but nothing compares to the fat burn that running gives you

I think I'm gonna have to shut the running down for a week or 2. My heels kill me the day after I run. I'm gonna stick to seimming and biking and then stat back with some light running and see if it's any better.
try running barefoot. Studies have shown that when running barefoot you are less likely to strike the heel as sharply. heck, that's how we're designed to run anyway.

Yep. If I run on any extreme of my foot, it's the ball of my foot not the heel. And I don't really have any pains

try running barefoot. Studies have shown that when running barefoot you are less likely to strike the heel as sharply. heck, that's how we're designed to run anyway.

I might def look into it. I was thinking about ordering some of the 5 finger shoes.

Can it be the shoes? I've gone to the Brooks Beast. It's pretty firm on the road, but made for helping the pounding. I like the Kayano better, but the Beast has been better on my joints (specifically my arthritic ankle).

I'm not sure. I've bought 3 pair of running shoes. I started off with New Balance and then bought some Nikes. After that I went to Fleet Feet and they done their observation with me running on a treadmill and reccomended a piar of Mizuno running shoes with an insert. The pain has gotten unbareable. I'm not looking to beat any speed records. Comfort is more important.

I'm not sure. I've bought 3 pair of running shoes. I started off with New Balance and then bought some Nikes. After that I went to Fleet Feet and they done their observation with me running on a treadmill and reccomended a piar of Mizuno running shoes with an insert. The pain has gotten unbareable. I'm not looking to beat any speed records. Comfort is more important.

Tried Vagisil?

I kid, I kid.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Go back to what you wore in the start. You mention all but some Adidas. Right now I'm wearing the full running shoe from Zoot. Give it a look. I love them.

Try to shorten your stride and land on your midfoot. You could also try using a Strasberg Sock. That's helped me with heel spurs.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'm gonna give it a go again on Monday(2 weeks without running) and start off slow and short and work my way back up. I'm def gonna look into a diffrent shoe.

I'm saving it for a last resort. When all else fails turn to vagisil...
that's a travesty.

Honestly, I'd probably take out the insert. The more stuff you have on your heel, the more likely you are to strike heel first when running.

Didn't run for a month letting an injury heal. Went out today for a trail run in the Carolina humidity. Felt good until I realized I was 3 miles from my car. Rough going back but I saw a raccoon at the end of my run so it made it all worthwhile.

:lol: Nice. I am getting back into a swing of running now. Form is good and I'm not really having any pains

I have just been doing sprints and heavy lifting lately. I need to get into a little distance again. I put on 15 pounds of lean weight though shouldn't slow me down to much.

Nah, muscle shouldn't slow you down at all. I've actually been lifting fairly heavy but still cutting down fat luckily. Only getting about 2 miles a day since I took about 2 weeks off.

I've been doing Crossfit football and drinking a gallon of milk a day. My lifts and stuff have went through the roof. Well for me anyways.

anybody have any helpful suggestions for shin splints (mainly inner, lower leg, not higher or outside of leg like some cases)? I play football and my legs take a major beating doing that but I ice, take ibuprofin (to reduce swelling), and just got some orthotics to help me run better. Anything I'm missing? thanks

STRETCH YOUR CALF! The push and pull of your shin/calf is probably what causes it. Kiddiedoc or someone else can correct me if I'm wrong

VN Store

Back