The Rock/Metal Thread

Down ,crowbar, melvins, high on fire, witchcraft, weedeater, and corrosion of conformity are some good bands i havent seen mentioned. I like the doom/stoner metal and the old school thrash(Motorhead, overkill, death angel, exodus). Kyuss is a band that should get back together.

They're Only Chasing Safety by underoath is my favorite 'heavy' album ever.

Sad day when this voice was silenced.

watch

If anyone liked Days of the New..Ancient VVisdom is pretty decent..similiar vein.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGcmVzR-oUE[/youtube]

Excellent selection with almost full discographies in my personal collection of all of those bands.

Old Hypocrisy/Opeth/Darktranquillity (1998 or earlier), ATG, Dying Fetus, Carcass..my all time faves probably. Newest Dying Fetus album crushed.

I have "The IVth Dimension" by Hypocrisy in my car right now. "Osculum Obscenum" is a classic too.

Bolt Thrower is by far my favorite death metal band and i think they're severely underrated. I can't think of many bands that can flat out write riffs like Bolt Thrower. I never get tired of "The IVth Crusade" and "Mercenary". Any fan of extreme metal needs to listen to those albums.

Pantera is my favorite band of all time. They're the ones who single handedly introduced me to real metal. The first time i listened to them (song was "The Art of Shredding") was a religious experience.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I entered this guitar competition for GuitarMessenger.com. I would really appreciate it if you guys could throw me a vote. You can vote once every day up through Tuesday, May 14. You don't have to sign up for anything and there's no spam, just click "Vote Now."

Guitar Messenger Solo Contest

Heard the new Joe Satriani today, Unstoppable Momentum. It's the first time since his self titled 1995 album that I have enjoyed the entire CD.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGqwrrqrp4k[/youtube]

VN Store

Back