The Pearl lie: From beginning to end

I can't decide if the worst part of all of this is Pearl telling all the attendees at the BBQ that he knew they were breaking NCAA rules or if its Pearl calling up Mr. Craft and trying to put the squeeze on him.

All Pearl had to do was shoot straight during the NCAA "conversation" (hard to call it an examination; the interviewer apologized in advance for showing him a photo for god sake.) and he's still in orange and white.

If the die-hard Pearl haters (I'd call myself a moderate Pearl-hater) want to castrate him for being a whistle-blower at Iowa, I think OSU/the Crafts deserve the same by those standards.

If the die-hard Pearl haters (I'd call myself a moderate Pearl-hater) want to castrate him for being a whistle-blower at Iowa, I think OSU/the Crafts deserve the same by those standards.

If the Crafts really are responsible for the "anonymous" tip to the NCAA, then karma is an interesting thing.

It got Pearl for the Iowa-Illinois stuff.

Now it's getting OSU (although the football program and not the basketball program).

You can thank Mr. Successful himself for that.

Well Mr. Successful did give us some wonderful years. I'd much rather have those than the Houston or O'Neill years. Of course, he could make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t with the talent on hand. We'll see if Cuonzo can.

I wonder how much the Pearl haters had to gnash their teeth and keep punching themselves in the balls though every time Pearl kept winning and being successful. I bet that would've been a sight to see.

Nah, the Crafts and Ohio State are as pure as the driven snow. It's beyond comprehension that they or any other program outside of UT would ever stoop to such shenanigans or cheat their asses off. No program has ever in the history of the sport done the horrible, horrible things that Pearl and his assts did. Lying to the pure and completely honorable NCAA. damn heathens.

Nah, the Crafts and Ohio State are as pure as the driven snow. It's beyond comprehension that they or any other program outside of UT would ever stoop to such shenanigans or cheat their asses off. No program has ever in the history of the sport done the horrible, horrible things that Pearl and his assts did. Lying to the pure and completely honorable NCAA. damn heathens.

You think every school has a compulsive liar like Pearl?

Or, let me guess, this was a one-time thing and Pearl was usually a beacon of honesty.

Rationalization at its best.

Well Mr. Successful did give us some wonderful years. I'd much rather have those than the Houston or O'Neill years. Of course, he could make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t with the talent on hand. We'll see if Cuonzo can.

I wonder how much the Pearl haters had to gnash their teeth and keep punching themselves in the balls though every time Pearl kept winning and being successful. I bet that would've been a sight to see.

Yes. I'm sure that they can hardly stand to look at all those SEC and NCAA championship banners that Pearl won hanging from the rafters.

Are you calling Lofton, J. Smith and Watson chicken sh*t?

Who is Andrew Gribble? I haven't read a lot from him, but everything I've read before indicates that he's a pretty good reporter.

You think every school has a compulsive liar like Pearl?

Or, let me guess, this was a one-time thing and Pearl was usually a beacon of honesty.

No, I think every coach skirts the rules and does just as bad if not worse things than Pearl did.

Yes. I'm sure that they can hardly stand to look at all those SEC and NCAA championship banners that Pearl won hanging from the rafters.

Yes, and there were so many hanging there before Pearl arrived. The most wins in a season, the furthest any UT team had ever gone in the NCAA's, and more wins in the NCAA tourney than any other UT coach. We'll see who can top that. Given our basketball history, we'll be waiting awhile.

Do they all lie about it and then tell everyone how honest they are?

I'd be willing to bet they all lie their asses off while recruiting. So, in answer to your question, yes. Of course, you have some offer boatloads of cash to seal the deal, but that is not nearly as bad as lying.

I'd be willing to bet they all lie their asses off while recruiting. So, in answer to your question, yes. Of course, you have some offer boatloads of cash to seal the deal, but that is not nearly as bad as lying.

Exactly. They're all much worse than Pearl; the NCAA just clearly had a vendetta against Pearl while allowing everyone else to do it with no repercussions.

Exactly. They're all much worse than Pearl; the NCAA just clearly had a vendetta against Pearl while allowing everyone else to do it with no repercussions.

You betcha. Lying about a bbq vs. a coach or booster paying a pimp hundreds of thousands of dollars for a recruit is no contest. Pearl should burn in hell over this. Hell, the entire university of TN should burn in hell for good measure. Better yet, they should make Phil Fulmer come back and coach the basketball team.

I'm glad the NCAA is going after the real offenders here. The Cam Newtons and Terrelle Pryors of the amateur world are just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sure there is a special place in heaven for the Jim Tressels of the world. The guy was clearly framed.

Last edited:
You betcha. Lying about a bbq vs. a coach or booster paying a pimp hundreds of thousands of dollars for a recruit is no contest. Pearl should burn in hell over this. Hell, the entire university of TN should burn in hell for good measure. I'm glad the NCAA is going after the real offenders here. The Cam Newtons and Terrelle Pryors of the amateur world are just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sure there is a special place in heaven for the Jim Tressels of the world. The guy was clearly framed.

I sincerely understand where you're coming from, but you can't say that OSU isn't paying for their transgressions. Granted, it seem like they should be paying more, but I don't think they're that far off. In the end, they lost the two most important people contingent to their success in the immediate future.

You betcha. Lying about a bbq vs. a coach or booster paying a pimp hundreds of thousands of dollars for a recruit is no contest. Pearl should burn in hell over this. Hell, the entire university of TN should burn in hell for good measure. I'm glad the NCAA is going after the real offenders here. The Cam Newtons and Terrelle Pryors of the amateur world are just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sure there is a special place in heaven for the Jim Tressels of the world. The guy was clearly framed.

You got it. 12 Major Violations are just small, minor mistakes that should have been overlooked.

You got it. 12 Major Violations are just small, minor mistakes that should have been overlooked.

Yes, 12 major violations that were caused by a lie that entirely pissed the NCAA off because they got their feelings hurt. Is it any wonder that they are made up of lawyers? You know the lot, egotistical for no good reason, obstinate, braying jackasses and full of more sh*t than a cow pasture.

Of course, the NCAA has never been known to be capricious in their judgments. They always, always dole out punishment on a consistent, timely and fair basis.

VN Store

Back