The Pearl lie: From beginning to end

I think that the posters who are acting like this isn't news are silly. This sheds more light on the situation and surely has changed opinions of Pearl & staff. I already lost a good deal of respect for Pearl, I already disliked the guy and was glad that he finally got booted, but after reading this, it's a whole new level.

This sheds light, only if you were in the dark. You finding out in July, but calling others silly is silly, silly.

So you had transcripts of the interviews before this was released?

I knew the coaches met prior to the ncaa coming in and had a plan to deny whatever they were being accused of, which is common, just ask Cal and Calhoun and many more. I also know they stuck to the plan, ignorantly enough, when they were shown the pic, when all they had to do was admit to it and be done with it.

From reading the quotes in the article, it appears that this was the MO with that staff. I can imagine this type of thing happening repeatedly. They rolled the dice and it just came up snake eyes. Once the NCAA started interviewing the Crafts, the wheels came of. I think that's when Pearl knew it too.
Sorry to see them go, b/c that staff entertained in a way I've not seen here for a long time. Nevertheless, they had to be fired for that conduct.

I knew the coaches met prior to the ncaa coming in and had a plan to deny whatever they were being accused of, which is common, just ask Cal and Calhoun and many more. I also know they stuck to the plan, ignorantly enough, when they were shown the pic, when all they had to do was admit to it and be done with it.

What has Calipari lied about? Two of his programs had vacated wins because one player took money from a street-agent and the other was accused of having his SAT taken for him. The NCAA enver accused Cal of one thing, much less lying.

I look forward to the day that the vast majority of Tennessee fans look at the Pearl era for what it was and quit defending him as a basketball Messiah.

What has Calipari lied about? Two of his programs had vacated wins because one player took money from a street-agent and the other was accused of having his SAT taken for him. The NCAA enver accused Cal of one thing, much less lying.

It really wasn't a specific shot at just Cal because most coaches lie out of the necessity to survive in their market. Most are little lies of not much consequence, unless you lie to the wrong people and get caught. Cal's latest was having Larry Brown on campus during the year to coach his players. It's a violation and I even knew the rule about outside coaches. Cal said he didn't know the rule and apologized. That's smart. He gets LB to teach, and gets a slap on the wrist. The reward was much greater than the risk, and lying about not knowing the rule assures no punishment.

I look forward to the day that the vast majority of Tennessee fans look at the Pearl era for what it was and quit defending him as a basketball Messiah.

I just skimmed back through this thread and didn't see one single comment from anyone that is close to your assessment.

"Yeah, that is my place, and yes that's me with Aaron Craft. I just wanted to hang out with the guys before they left and I should not have done that. It was mistake. My apologies."

And Bruce Pearl would still be our coach.

And Stokes would be committed.

[/B]

I just skimmed back through this thread and didn't see one single comment from anyone that is close to your assessment.

Really, you needed this thread as support for his comment?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Really, you needed this thread as support for his comment?

No, but the thread is about the transcript and a few oninions about it, none of which mention anything positive about BP, much less that he's a basketball messiah.

No, but the thread is about the transcript and a few oninions about it, none of which mention anything positive about BP, much less that he's a basketball messiah.

So? The comment fits in a thread about how ridiculous the staff was about this situation.

I don't think you'd have to look very far or have been around much to know exactly what I'm talking about. If you don't like what I'm saying, that's fine. Don't pretend like it's an empty remark.

I don't think you'd have to look very far or have been around much to know exactly what I'm talking about. If you don't like what I'm saying, that's fine. Don't pretend like it's an empty remark.

That's fine. I just don't think it helps anything. I look forward to moving on, and everytime somebody says something like that, it hinders the process, imo.

"Yeah, that is my place, and yes that's me with Aaron Craft. I just wanted to hang out with the guys before they left and I should not have done that. It was mistake. My apologies."

And Bruce Pearl would still be our coach.

That kind of reminds me of the university motto.

"You will know the truth and the truth shall set you free."

And unfortunately us winning again will never happen. Bruce was the only coach who could have success here.

Well if your definition of success is batting .500 (if we're lucky) then you're in for a real treat for the next 2 years.

From reading the quotes in the article, it appears that this was the MO with that staff. I can imagine this type of thing happening repeatedly. They rolled the dice and it just came up snake eyes. Once the NCAA started interviewing the Crafts, the wheels came of. I think that's when Pearl knew it too.
Sorry to see them go, b/c that staff entertained in a way I've not seen here for a long time. Nevertheless, they had to be fired for that conduct.

Actually, to me, it seems more like amatuer hour, bumbling around from the beginning and awkwardly pulling the guys aside to tell them "Uh, you gotta go pretty soon." I doesn't appear to be a well-oiled BBQ Cheating Machine.

The interview transcript also went about as I expected, stammering and panicking like my 7 year old caught in a lie. The only thing that struck me is that the NCAA wasn't going hard after Pearl a la Tom Cruise questioning Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men. They gave Pearl & co. a lot of rope and they hung themselves with it. They definitely earned their pink slips.

It sucks because we had a great thing going, but it's done. What can you do? I'll just reserve my optimism for Cuonzo.

Actually, to me, it seems more like amatuer hour, bumbling around from the beginning and awkwardly pulling the guys aside to tell them "Uh, you gotta go pretty soon." I doesn't appear to be a well-oiled BBQ Cheating Machine.

The interview transcript also went about as I expected, stammering and panicking like my 7 year old caught in a lie. The only thing that struck me is that the NCAA wasn't going hard after Pearl a la Tom Cruise questioning Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men. They gave Pearl & co. a lot of rope and they hung themselves with it. They definitely earned their pink slips.

It sucks because we had a great thing going, but it's done. What can you do? I'll just reserve my optimism for Cuonzo.

I got the same impression.

I'm thinking if Cuonzo's reputation holds true, and considering what he did with MSU, there is a reason for optimism. I'm very interested to see what he does with the talent that was left over. Seems like he could use it a bit more effectively than Bruce.

take a deep breath. OK, now..go outside and walk around the Neighborhood. Good Job! You see, life goes on. Give the Pearl posts a rest and exert more energy on the current coach.

Your Pal
tr763

VN Store

Back