The other shoe drops on UNC

I remember Voltime from K's 1000th win thread, I really enjoyed his scribbles and now his justifications. The thing is, he and people like him are just pissed because the writing is on the wall. Regardless of what the NCAA does to the basketball program, the idea that the "Carolina Way" is forever tarnished and it is killing the delusional masses. Nobody is buying "the Well and the bell, crisp October nights" Charles Kuralt cutesy crap anymore. People are finally finding out what a sham this whole mindset of the "Carolina Way" really is. You are not superior athletically, academically, ethically, or culturally, like you have thought for decades. You are now among the mortals that you have looked down upon for so long.

The fact that Duke has now surpassed UNC as a better program and that K is a better coach than Dean doesn't help their mindset either. UNC may skate on all this, but the spin that this is only a campus problem and not an athletic issue is hilarious, along with the "everyone else does it" defense. I have a very hard time believing that it's a coincidence that this all started in 1993. Right after Duke's back to back National Titles? Give me a break. I'll give Roy a pass because it looks like he tried to get his guys out of those classes when he got to UNC. I'm not so sure about other coaches though. Anson Dorrance, Sylvia Hatchell, Butch Davis (I know for a fact had grades altered), and very possibly some others (you guys can do the math) had to have been in the know. There is no way they couldn't have been at least slightly aware. This is how you get to LOIC.

I honestly don't want the athletic department to burn, because I have many life long friends who are Heels and I enjoy the rivalry, but at some point most UNC fans will have to own this. You are who you are.

I won't totally concede that Coach K is a better coach than Dean (they coached mostly in different eras) and I won't contest the majority of your post (what would I argue?), but the bolded part is pretty rich, coming from a Duke fan.

I won't totally concede that Coach K is a better coach than Dean (they coached mostly in different eras) and I won't contest the majority of your post (what would I argue?), but the bolded part is pretty rich, coming from a Duke fan.

Funny I have heard the Carolina Way shoved down people's mouths but never the Duke way

Reactions: 2 people
Funny I have heard the Carolina Way shoved down people's mouths but never the Duke way

For two reasons:

1) "The Duke Way" just sounds ridiculous. Say it out loud. Sounds stupid, doesn't it?

2) No one cares to act like cast members from "Jersey Shore."

For two reasons:

1) "The Duke Way" just sounds ridiculous. Say it out loud. Sounds stupid, doesn't it?

2) No one cares to act like cast members from "Jersey Shore."

Let it flow volprof

Attachments

• 922943.jpg
    922943.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 2

I get what you're saying. The difference I think is that Duke has never shied away from accepting who they are. At least I haven't shied away from what I think Duke is or even Tennessee for that matter.The Cameron Crazies are dorks. The majority of the undergrads are privileged white kids from New Jersey (you're welcome Volprof) or Connecticut and most of the them are pricks. I have way more friends that went to Carolina than Duke and that's why I respect UNC and don't want them to get totally crushed by the NCAA. There are a lot great people that went there. As Volfanbill said, I won't mind the scars too much either. They created this situation and now it's time for them to pay the price.

I get what you're saying. The difference I think is that Duke has never shied away from accepting who they are. At least I haven't shied away from what I think Duke is or even Tennessee for that matter.The Cameron Crazies are dorks. The majority of the undergrads are privileged white kids from New Jersey (you're welcome Volprof) or Connecticut and most of the them are pricks. I have way more friends that went to Carolina than Duke and that's why I respect UNC and don't want them to get totally crushed by the NCAA. There are a lot great people that went there. As Volfanbill said, I won't mind the scars too much either. They created this situation and now it's time for them to pay the price.

This is true. I lived in Greensboro from 2001-03 and I got to know some Duke fans but I never met anyone who actually went to Duke. I met several people who had gone to UNC_Chapel Hill and they had a very uppity attitude toward me whenever I mentioned that I was a grad of the University of Tennessee. It was very easy for me to cheer for Duke when playing UNC.

VN Store

Back