The opener in Nashville is less than a month away...

If Hart wanted a neutral site game in Nashville then he's picked the wrong team/week.

Nobody that normally travels from out of state is going to make the effort to come to Nashville to see BG the week before we all have to spend so much to get to the hugely anticipated Oklahoma game.

If this game was even just against a mid level p5 team or top level group of 6 team its have a chance of a sell out (Cincy, UCF, Memphis, NC St, Pitt).

Moral of the story is don't do these neutral site games years where we have a big OOC home game the next week.

I honestly love the VT in Bristol, GT in ATL and WVU in Charlotte ideas...this one just wasn't executed well.

Reactions: 2 people
Well...I'm getting married that day in Knoxville, so I won't be there! It was either that or the UF game, so I couldn't really put up too big of a fight for BGSU lol.

You should have said no to the fall wedding to begin with, there are plenty of other Saturdays in a year!

Reactions: 4 people
You should have said no to the fall wedding to begin with, there are plenty of other Saturdays in a year!

Too hot any other time of the year. And we couldn't get married downtown Knox on a home game, so Sept 5th just worked. And, our guests get to experience Boomsday. Gonna be a fun weekend. I was bummed though when they announced a 4pm kickoff time. Our ceremony starts at 4 lol. Word of advice to anyone getting married...planning an out of town wedding is a pain in the @$$.

...checking in again...

...nope, still not less than a month away...

...be back again tomorrow. Eventually this thread will open for business. :)

We've got 6 coming from Clarksville, sitting right up in the middle of some BGSU fans.

We're sitting in the BG section as well....Prices weeks ago were outrageous through StubHub, etc. [and couldn't get through to the UT tic site] so we contacted the BG athletic office and got 2 for $55. each. Excellent seats in the north end zone where we had Titans tickets for years...All tickets will be sold by game time....

Too hot any other time of the year. And we couldn't get married downtown Knox on a home game, so Sept 5th just worked. And, our guests get to experience Boomsday. Gonna be a fun weekend. I was bummed though when they announced a 4pm kickoff time. Our ceremony starts at 4 lol. Word of advice to anyone getting married...planning an out of town wedding is a pain in the @$$.

Oh yes because it is so hot January through May!

Reactions: 3 people
I plan to bring the little one up for the Vol Walk and all that. May get a ticket may go to our favorite eatery and watch

I plan to bring the little one up for the Vol Walk and all that. May get a ticket may go to our favorite eatery and watch

Go to Knoxville, you aren't getting it at the game in Nashville. Don't expect a Vol Walk, the band marching anywhere or anything else like a game in K-Town. The team will treat it as an away game and the buses will drop them right next to the dressing rooms.

I'll be there, and most likely the only one I go to all season. Should be a great time.

I don't like the fact that the Vol's play BG in Nashville, I would much rather they play at Neyland Stadium, then the game, hopefullty, would be sold out.

I don't like the fact that the Vol's play BG in Nashville, I would much rather they play at Neyland Stadium, then the game, hopefullty, would be sold out.

The game will be sold out - the game being in Nashville is great for Vol fans in Middle and West TN.

It also makes crowd more electric for home opener vs Oklahoma.

Reactions: 1 person
Woah....didn't realize you knew EXACTLY where each person who bought a ticket is from. Don't judge or condemn other people. And who says Middle TN and West TN are more loyal fans just cause they have to drive farther? I live in East TN and I will be at the opener.

Just calm down. It's actually over a month to go, and games against opponents like BGU don't typically fill up till much closer to the game. The seats will be pretty much full I guarantee it.

You could very well be right. But, i know Greg and I are from an era where every game was a sellout at Neyland. It didn't use to matter who we were playing. It didn't use to matter what time of day they were kicking off. It didn't use to matter whether it was 95 degrees or 25 degrees. It didn't use to matter where the game was being played. I can remember when we used to take over 10,00 fans to road games in the SEC, not anymore (except Vandy).

Apparently, it does matter now.

Reactions: 1 person
Go to Knoxville, you aren't getting it at the game in Nashville. Don't expect a Vol Walk, the band marching anywhere or anything else like a game in K-Town. The team will treat it as an away game and the buses will drop them right next to the dressing rooms.

That sucks. North Texas game is probably our only game in Knoxville.

You could very well be right. But, i know Greg and I are from an era where every game was a sellout at Neyland. It didn't use to matter who we were playing. It didn't use to matter what time of day they were kicking off. It didn't use to matter whether it was 95 degrees or 25 degrees. It didn't use to matter where the game was being played. I can remember when we used to take over 10,00 fans to road games in the SEC, not anymore (except Vandy).

I get the wistfullness, but things have changed.

Perhaps you should take a step back and look around. It ain't just a UT issue. Hell, it isn't just a football issue.

Tons of events aren't jam packed, and almost no one travels like they used to.

like they did in Jacksonville....

My dad had season tix in 90s and Face value was $20 something for section Y9 and gas was $1.25-$1.50 a gallon (drove from Nashville.)On top of all that we were good and expected to win every game.

Now prices have doubled or tripled for the tix and gas and plus we havent been very good. Now their is the Sec Network.

We bought season tix from someone so we have no ties to the school. It's rough when prices go up and production on the field goes down. Cheaper to watch most games on tv for me, besides I cant afford the price of season tix today and take care of my family. But I try to make it to one big game a yr

Shocking that 100,000 people didn't want to watch a team go 5-7 three years in a row. It's obscenely expensive to go to some of these games compared to what it used to be.

I'll let you front the bill for my traveling to Knoxville every weekend for games.

Shocking that 100,000 people didn't want to watch a team go 5-7 three years in a row. It's obscenely expensive to go to some of these games compared to what it used to be.

I'll let you front the bill for my traveling to Knoxville every weekend for games.

Ive been going to Knoxville since 1968 but the UT administration should give all of the season ticket holders and those who have bought tickets some gesture of "Thanks" for continuing to support the program THEY drove in the ground with complete mismanagement and greed. You can only milk a cow so long without putting something back into it. Even cheap-ass Titans send a gift each yr to their season ticket holders... cheap ass gift usually but they do say thanks...and lord knows, Im not a Titans fan.

VN Store

Back