The opener in Nashville is less than a month away...

The wife and I will be headed there from Memphis. Then immediately driving back because I have to be at work at 6:30 the next morning.

If the OU game was in Nashville it would be sold out. But against an opponent like this I'm not surprised. These games need to be in Neyland because the experience of the stadium and Knoxville is worth the money regardless of opponent

Bought my 4 tickets the other day. Coming up from Memphis. Gonna be nice to only drive 3 hrs instead of 6/7 hrs to see the Vols. Always have a good time in Nashville. I'm sure a lot more tickets will be snatched up before the game.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah. Thats why Vandys stadium is sold out in Orange every other year. Nashville is Vols country

Yeah, I'll admit I felt a little stupid about that comment after I posted it. Maybe my point came across wrong or there is no point to make about Vandy anyways. Probably the latter.

Last edited:
If by less than a month away, you mean 36 days then yeah, you're right.

Also, the game is still a pretty far out, and let's be real, it's in Vandy city (go ahead and lol), it's true.

Proven every year UT plays candy the state is ORANGE!!! and less than a long month away

Face value price is too high for bowling green is part of reason 20,000 remain imo. If ppl will wait closer till gametime prices may come down. I dont care if I miss first few minutes of bowling green. I live 30 mins away so not burning much gas either

Btw, Nashville is full of orange and is actually very close to the same number of UT fans as East TN. The only people that like Vandy are people who either go there currently or were alumni. No one outside of that realm is going to like them for any other reason.

Btw, Nashville is full of orange and is actually very close to the same number of UT fans as East TN. The only people that like Vandy are people who either go there currently or were alumni. No one outside of that realm is going to like them for any other reason.

That is a great viewpoint. I would tend to agree

If by less than a month away, you mean 36 days then yeah, you're right.

Also, the game is still a pretty far out, and let's be real, it's in Vandy city (go ahead and lol), it's true.

Vandy has no city. It's has an area within the city. Tennessee absolutely owns Nashville and middle Tennessee.

Vandy has no city. It's has an area within the city. Tennessee absolutely owns Nashville and middle Tennessee.

Out of state schools like Alabama and Kentucky have as big of a presence in Middle Tennessee as Vanderbilt does. Anyone who thinks Vanderbilt is any kind of significant factor in the midstate is kidding themselves.

Reactions: 2 people
large.png

I usually do one away game a year. I'm thinking Kentucky game this year. So this one is out for me.

Nashville is NOT Vandy City and there will be 8 of us coming to the game.

I have lived here for 30 years, & Nashville is NOT a vandie city by any stretch! How many times has BIG ORANGE dominated their pathetic stadium?! I will be at the TENNESSEE opener this year & am confident that the second-rate stadium here will be filled with ORANGE! :whistling:

I realize it's "just" Bowling Green...but to paraphrase a smutty old saying- every game you pass up now is one you'll regret later.

Don't you hate it when your title is the equivalent to a turd in a punch bowl because you forget that 36 days is more than a month.

After reading this thread I may go. I was not going to go, but at least I'll think about it now. Happy?

I wish I could be there but I will be visiting my son in NYC that weekend. You guys will just have to handle BG without me, I will have the DVR set and try to find a sports bar in NY that might have it on.

GBO!

Try www.thehillny.com Vol fans meet there.

Last edited:
2 flying in from NC to make it a holiday week end in the old home city, then on to OKLAHOMA and rest of home games.............

Well...I'm getting married that day in Knoxville, so I won't be there! It was either that or the UF game, so I couldn't really put up too big of a fight for BGSU lol.

VN Store

Back