The one player TN cannot afford to lose?

It has to be worley. He has been incredibly underrated and underappreciated. We were a pretty good team last year when he was healthy. What if he'd have started the Uf game and stayed healthy all year. I'd say at very least we go to a bowl game and who knows how much more.

Probably a bowl game but I wouldn't expect much beyond that. Worley was pretty awful last year aside from two performances. In those two performances he wasn't a world beater, he just stopped turning the ball over.

With OSU loss of Braxton Miller, this has been a popular topic on talk radio and on the SEC network.

If I had to pick one, I'd say AJ. He is the heart and soul of our defense.

Edit: SEC network said AJ, too.

We can't afford to lose any of them. AJ is a good choice if you have to choose one!

:hi:

Tennesseeduke

Last I heard Randolph wasn't even starting? and completing for the nickel spot. definately AJ!!!!

Been listening to Jimmy?

Randolph is a lock at safety. I think you're confusing him with McNeil. I did here that Swafford is potentially starting at the other safety opposite Randolph and McNeil was competing for Nickel

Worley, after he went down last season Dobbs came in and we could barely score a TD after that. Worley must stay healthily this season for UT to make a bowl game.

I want everybody to stay HEALTHILY!!

but especially everybody.

Lots of folks complain about AJ, but despite whatever his perceived deficiencies may be we would be well and truly screwed without him on defense.

Mainly because he was playing LB by himself, this year will be better as far as him covering his area and not getting out of position.

Having said that, AL does need to get better at covering a TE or a RB out of the back field. Several teams added motion to match him on more athlete players.

Pressure on the QB would also be good, but not having anyone to cover he was never used.

Worley.

All these other stud players on defense or offense you can cover the loss of them even if it is a huge loss in the case of a player like Sutton, North, or AJ. You cannot cover up a deficiency at QB easily.

Reactions: 1 person
Worley.

All these other stud players on defense or offense you can cover the loss of them even if it is a huge loss in the case of a player like Sutton, North, or AJ. You cannot cover up a deficiency at QB easily.

:-/

Crowder, he is the key to line. We cannot lose him.

Agreed. Probably the key to the entire gas peddle, tempo and overall confidence. This position significantly impacts QB play as well. Although there are many other players of significant importance, because of current circumstances (this year) this is probably the 'one player TN cannot afford to lose'.

I'm going to have to go with Matt Darr. You can't go wrong with senior leadership and the kicking game is where the breaks are made (Neyland, 1930ish).

We can't lose Marcus Jackson. He will be our main pathway of run blocking.

Worley. As much as I hate to say it. He's the only one who gives us some semblance of offense. Even though he's completely mis-matched for it, very non-mobile, and not exactly accurate. But the others, just can't play the position at this level, wouldn't say I trust them at the helms. At least Woorley can make the throws. So in my words Woorley. Half the ball, offense, half ball Woorley!

Lots of folks complain about AJ, but despite whatever his perceived deficiencies may be we would be well and truly screwed without him on defense.

based on what?

he's been healthy every season and Tennessee has been one of the worst defenses in the conference.

Maybe the best since Brown in the recruiting rankings. Brown showed very little at UT and by many accounts was robbing carries from Poole because of recruiting promises made by Kiffy and not performance on the field.

Hurd by all current appearances is the best RB recruit since Lewis, but the season will tell us the real story.

Brown was more talented than Poole and has shown he is pretty good at the next level of competition as well. He would have been a good back if he had stayed and had less interference from his family.

Brown was more talented than Poole and has shown he is pretty good at the next level of competition as well. He would have been a good back if he had stayed and had less interference from his family.

Didn't reference NFL talent potential, only college production while at UT. Poole outperformed Brown in the limited sampling at UT and should have been the #2 RB behind Hardesy that season based on that alone.

I wish Brown the best, but he brought little to UT and bolted after a single season...didn't do squat at K State either. I'm sure there are tons of reasons/excuses as to why, but the results speak for themselves at the college level. Maybe he'll sort it all out and end up in the NFL hall of fame for all we know but that doesn't change what he did in the past.

We can't afford to lose ANY of our starters. One important note is that when the Center was injured during camp with ankle/leg problems CBJ said we had problems snapping the ball.

VN Store

Back