The one player TN cannot afford to lose?

While we are "good" with Lane and Hurd I believe we are missing a good 3rd option. I might be sleeping on one of the new guys and I didn't see the open practice but that concerns me.

After Lane and Hurd.. Young, Scott, or Paulk. In that order

For the guys voting AJ, it might be worth noting that al Wilson was still a force on the sidelines while he was out for injury. ....or maybe it's not worth noting.

My vote is worley... although I don't think he's near our MVP

Before the season, you almost have to say AJ. he is the only proven all SEC type player, and no doubt he is a great leader for the 40 something up and coming new players on roster.

We have others like Maggit, if he can stay healthy. North and Pig on offense are both poised for a great year, especially with the help of the other legitimate WRs around them now. By mid season a freshman like TK, Jay Rob, Hurd or Barnett could also become that can't lose guy. Next year lets hope it's our QB.

DY looked really good at the open practice. Alex E looked really good at TE as well.
Awesome to hear. I'm more concerned about an every down back being healthy. Seemingly in the SEC at least one QB and one RB go out for at least part of the season. Every season. It's a brutal ass league.

I've always wanted AJ to do well, he's from just down the road from where I live.

Ummm... Never took a college snap or we don't know if he can pass block in the SEC...

Elite running backs are easily recognizable. Hurd is the best running back prospect we have brought in since Brown and he doesn't come with a handler and won't get homesick. Dude is 6'3", he will be able to pick up a linebacker.

I do believe this is a jinx thread. But since its already done I will try to reverse the jinxing. AJ for sure. He seems like the heart of team 118. I think I read somewhere that he has a chance at taking the all time UT tackling record. That says it all in itself IMO.

Randolph- he's the leader of the back end
North- without him our potentially great WR core becomes inexperienced and less dynamic.

Reactions: 2 people
I think it would be Worley, along with Crowder,one is the anchor for the OL and we seen what it was like without Worley as QB

and knock on wood,UT needs everybody healthy all year long

Worley, after he went down last season Dobbs came in and we could barely score a TD after that. Worley must stay healthily this season for UT to make a bowl game.

Reactions: 1 person
Hurd is the best running back prospect we have brought in since Brown.

Maybe the best since Brown in the recruiting rankings. Brown showed very little at UT and by many accounts was robbing carries from Poole because of recruiting promises made by Kiffy and not performance on the field.

Hurd by all current appearances is the best RB recruit since Lewis, but the season will tell us the real story.

VN Store

Back