The Official TN Tech @ Tennessee Game Thread (Tues. March 26th 6PM EST SEC NET+)

Peebles pinch hitting for Tears - BB.

Backus pinch hitting for Ensley - Standup double down the 3B line to the wall!

*Runners on 3B and 2B with no outs*

TT reliever #3's day is done after 15 pitches and 1 K. TT reliever #4 is on the mound.

VOLS lead 9-1. Bottom of 7th.

Run rule in effect. If Vols get Peebles and Backus home this inning, we win.

TT reliever #3's day is done after 15 pitches and 1 K. TT reliever #4 is on the mound.

*Runners on 3B and 2B with no outs*

Bates pinch hitting for Curley - BB (full count).

*Bases loaded with no outs*

Chapman - 2-RBI ground rule double over the RF wall!!!! Peebles and Backus score the winning runs.

RUN RULED!!

VOLS WIN 11-1!!!! Hello, win column! 2-game winning streak.

I think all our confusion stems from the announcer not knowing the rules. He said, "and the run would have counted if Taylor made it back to first." I was thinking, wait....what? And...did they not show us that our guy from third went too?? Oh well.

Came back from the commercial and we had another run on the screen. I looked at my dad and said, "he doesn't know the rules. Only reason he would have said that is he thought he had to be safe at first for it to count. Nope. Not on a tag out."

Great explanation.

Given the how poor Taylor's attempt at stealing was, is there any way it was intentional to draw Chapman in from 3B? If you didn't know any better, it almost seemed as if Taylor bated the pickle on purpose.

Ok, here’s my favorite lineup without Amick and when Amick returns.
Ensley CF. R
Burke. 1B. L
Moore. 2B R
Tears RF. L
Villeneuve DH R
Dreiling LF L
Curley. 3B. R
Peebles C. S
Antigua SS. R

Ensley CF. R
Burke. 1B. L
Moore. 2B R
Tears RF. L
Amick 3B R
Dreiling LF L
Villeneuve DH R. Chapman DH L
Peebles C. S
Antigua SS. R

Ok, here’s my favorite lineup without Amick and when Amick returns.
Ensley CF. R
Burke. 1B. L
Moore. 2B R
Tears RF. L
Villeneuve DH R
Dreiling LF L
Curley. 3B. R
Peebles C. S
Antigua SS. R

Ensley CF. R
Burke. 1B. L
Moore. 2B R
Tears RF. L
Amick 3B R
Dreiling LF L
Villeneuve DH R. Chapman DH L
Peebles C. S
Antigua SS. R
If Ensley kicks it into gear that 2nd lineup is scary good…I’d love to see that team clicking.

Reactions: taylorvol
Great explanation.

Given the how poor Taylor's attempt at stealing was, is there any way it was intentional to draw Chapman in from 3B? If you didn't know any better, it almost seemed as if Taylor bated the pickle on purpose.
For sure. It was an intentionally called run down to allow the runner to score from 3B. With 2 outs and 2 strikes on hitters great call and perfect execution by Taylor. Thanks for doing the inning summaries. Much appreciated!

Great explanation.

I guess my suspicions weren't crazy.

It was a called rundown to allow runner to score from 3B. No baserunning blunder there.

Thank you for the explanation.

Would the correct play for the catcher be to just hold the ball and allow Taylor to advance if there is no play to be made at 3B? Or run down the 3B line and possible make a normal tag play a 2B if Chapman is sufficiently back at the bag?

Reactions: spyfish007
For sure. It was an intentionally called run down to allow the runner to score from 3B. With 2 outs and 2 strikes on hitters great call and perfect execution by Taylor. Thanks for doing the inning summaries. Much appreciated!

Thank you for the in-depth theory explanations. Learn something new everyday.

VN Store

Back