The Official Thread of the Los Angeles Rams

Based on the new logo, it seems like they're keeping navy and gold

Well, that may be out of their control. I think I read that the NFL requires well in advance notice of primary jersey/helmet changes, even if it's making an alternate jersey the full time one.

Also, the logo they put out could be just temporary to make it official.

The Rams moving back to LA and gas under a dollar in some states......

It's the 80's all over again

Reactions: 1 person
Ok Freak it's time to get on the ball with your pro team database. I ain't no St. Louis Rams fan. I'm a Los Angeles Rams fan brah :)

Just kidding, but seriously still stoked that my LA Rams are back. Let's get it!!

Weird that I'm gonna be cheering for a Jeff Fisher coached team again.

Ok Freak it's time to get on the ball with your pro team database. I ain't no St. Louis Rams fan. I'm a Los Angeles Rams fan brah :)

Just kidding, but seriously still stoked that my LA Rams are back. Let's get it!!

Weird that I'm gonna be cheering for a Jeff Fisher coached team again.

Sorry to hear you're a Rams fan. :p

Pro team database?

Any time his name is mentioned, a Bat signal goes off.

Batsignal2.jpg

Really should have gone back to the yellow and blue unis instead of the gold garbage they have had for a while

Really should have gone back to the yellow and blue unis instead of the gold garbage they have had for a while

I think that's the plan but the NFL rules for changing uniforms are pretty strict. I think you have to give them over a year advance notice you're changing and even though they have their classic uniform as their alternate, you're only allowed to wear those 2 times a year.

So my guess is they probably are in the process of putting n the paperwork to get that change permanent. A lot of what I've seen on their Instagram and Twitter feeds have shown players in their classic look and signs and things around LA have been the classic helmet. They'd be stupid not to go back.

I think that's the plan but the NFL rules for changing uniforms are pretty strict. I think you have to give them over a year advance notice you're changing and even though they have their classic uniform as their alternate, you're only allowed to wear those 2 times a year.

So my guess is they probably are in the process of putting n the paperwork to get that change permanent. A lot of what I've seen on their Instagram and Twitter feeds have shown players in their classic look and signs and things around LA have been the classic helmet. They'd be stupid not to go back.

Interesting. Didn't know the NFL needed a year or more's advanced notice.

So - presuming the NFL and Nike continue doing it - does wearing the single color uniforms for a Thursday night game count as one of the alternate usages?

I thought this segment of SI's MMQB was interesting. It talked about not only all the moving the Rams are going to be doing over the next month, but how their location might effect their schedule as well:

Carson Wentz of North Dakota St. may be biggest star in NFL draft | The MMQB with Peter King

The Rams’ move is going to be an odyssey

I’m not saying the Rams have a built-in excuse to struggle in 2016, but …

Well, come to think of it, maybe I am.

On Friday, in Los Angeles, the Rams’ braintrust and human resources people will gather players in a hotel ballroom to explain what’s about to happen logistically with the team’s move to California. I say California, because the Rams are moving to four places this year:

• To Oxnard, 61 miles up the 101 from Los Angeles, for off-season minicamps and training.

• Then from Oxnard to Irvine, 105 miles south, for summer training camp. (It’s likely the
team will have training camp at UC-Irvine.)

• Then from Irvine to Thousand Oaks, 84 miles north, for their in-season practice facility and offices, beginning in late August and running through the season. (The Thousand Oaks details are being finalized.)

• Then, on game days, from Thousands Oaks to the Coliseum in Los Angeles, 43 miles southeast.

And one more thing: The Rams will play a home game in London on Oct. 23 against the Giants. That’s a nice little commute of 5,437 miles, each way.

“Thirty-one other teams in the league right now are staying put, and they’re going through an offseason program and there is stability there,” Rams GM Les Snead said at the combine. “It’s how quickly can we bring stability, from a player perspective, into this offseason program? Because we’re going to kick the season off like everyone else.”

Other notes about the move: The Rams can’t stay in Oxnard for training camp, though it would have been perfect, because the Cowboys have a contract for the site … The Rams would like to entice Orange County fans back to the fan base; the last time the Rams played in Southern California was in 1994, in Anaheim, in Orange County … The schedule at the Coliseum will be interesting from a couple perspectives. Don’t expect the team to play at the Coliseum on back-to-back days with University of Southern California football, and don’t expect Rams games to be scheduled at the Coliseum on weeknights while school is in session at nearby USC. Because of that, it’s likely the Rams will open the season on the road, because USC is home to Utah State on Saturday Sept. 10, and the opening Sunday of the season is Sept. 11 … The Rams will have a tough time playing home prime-time games then, because USC finals in fall semester don’t end until Dec. 14. That would leave just three weeks to play Thursday or Monday night at home at the storied Coliseum. Of course, we’ll see if the prime-time thing becomes a hard-and-fast rule or a suggested practice. Could be the league or the team will appeal to the Coliseum to play one prime-time game earlier in the season.

Can you imagine, too, if in midseason the Chargers’ attempt to get a new stadium in San Diego falls through, and it’s announced the Chargers will be moving north to Los Angeles for 2017 and beyond? There’s another layer of distraction for the Rams. (And, by the way, I still haven’t heard one person, in the L.A. area or outside of it, who thinks a Chargers move to Los Angeles is a good idea. Because it isn’t.)

After hearing all the details and potential difficulties about this first season of the team in Southern California, two thoughts came to mind: The Rams haven’t finished above .500 in 13 years, have a revolving door at quarterback with no obvious starter now, and are in a division with two legitimate Super Bowl contenders, Arizona and Seattle; how can they expect to be a serious contender for the playoffs this season? And how endangered is Jeff Fisher’s job if he is sub-.500 for the fifth straight season, even with the logistical nightmare? In many ways, it’s a huge year for the Rams, and it can’t be a honeymoon.

To summarize the scheduling part:

They're most likely playing 5 of their 8 away games on Sept. 11, Oct. 2, Oct. 9, Nov. 6, Nov. 27.

So LA fans should look for 6 "home" games probably on Sept. 18, Sept. 25, Oct. 16, Oct. 23 (London), Nov. 13, Nov. 20.

(The Rams are the home team for the game against the Giants in London on Oct. 23 (in bold), so that occupies one of their 8 home game slots.)

The NFL's bye weeks fall between Weeks 4-11 (so from Sept. 24 through Nov. 27). Since the NFL usually gives the teams that play in London a bye the following week, the Oct. 30 weekend will most likely be their bye week.

The remaining 2 home games and 3 away games would be scheduled across the remaining dates: Dec. 4, Dec. 11, Dec. 18, Dec. 25, Jan. 1.

Also, the fact the USC's finals run through Dec. 14 apparently prevents the Rams from having a Thursday or Monday night home game until afterwards...so - presuming the Thurs or Monday game is a home game in LA - it would have to be Dec. 15 or Dec. 22, and any Monday night game would have to be Dec. 19 or Dec. 26 (All week 17 games will be played on Jan 1.)

So expect it to look somewhat like:

Week 1 - Sept. 11 - Away
Week 2 - Sept. 18 - Home
Week 3 - Sept. 25 - Home
Week 4 - Oct. 2 - Away
Week 5 - Oct. 9 - Away
Week 6 - Oct. 16 - Home
Week 7 - Oct. 23 - London ("Home") vs NYG
Week 8 - Oct. 30 - BYE
Week 9 - Nov. 6 - Away
Week 10 - Nov. 13 - Home
Week 11 - Nov. 20 - Home
Week 12 - Nov. 27 - Away

Week 13 - Dec. 4 - Home/Away
Week 14 - Dec. 11 - Home/Away
Week 15* - Dec. 15/Dec. 18/Dec.19 - Home/ Away
Week 16* - Dec.22/Dec. 25/Dec. 26 - Home / Away
Week 17 - Jan. 1 - Home/Away

I'd expect the weeks of either Dec. 18 or Dec. 25 (or both) to be at home if the NFL wants to have either a Thurs. night or Mon. game in L.A. this year...you have to think they want at least one of the two there. (If they are away for both, weeks 13-17 are mostly open to be either).

Last edited:
Interesting. Didn't know the NFL needed a year or more's advanced notice.

So - presuming the NFL and Nike continue doing it - does wearing the single color uniforms for a Thursday night game count as one of the alternate usages?

I don't think it counted but I'm not really sure.

I get most of my uniform information from Uni Watch. I'm pretty sure that's where I read about the advanced "warning" about a uniform change. I'm pretty sure as well that if you make a uniform change you have to keep it at least 5 years before you can change again. So Bucs and Browns fans, you're stuck with those crappy things for a while.

I also know most throwback uniforms were done away with because the NFL ruled only 1 helmet can be used all season. That's why the Bucs don't have their "Bucco Bruce" orangesicle uniforms and the Patriots don't have their "Patriot Pat" red throwbacks anymore.

Well for Week 1 of preseason this was a pretty good game.

LA 28 Dallas 24

No Marquez North sightings, and Brian Randolph played all the second half, but was taken off the field with a leg injury late in the 4th.

Good news for Dallas.... they have a backup this year, Dak Prescott was impressive.

Goff had a rough go of it, but I liked what I saw from Keenum. And Sean Mannion showed some excellent flashes, scrubs or not. I still think it's gonna be a long year, but there are pieces to build around. I just don't want Fisher to run Gurley into the ground before he ever gets a decent team around him.

VN Store

Back