The Official Thread of the Chicago Bulls

LOL, definitely not. I don't have an opinion on MVP right now. Lebron was winning easily, but he has struggled a little, and so have the Heat. I haven't looked at the numbers in the last month to see who is deserving.

And the Heat win without Wade. Doesn't mean anything, really.

You need players of their quality in the post-season.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Based on stats, which you seem to think is the end all be all, they would have.

What are you talking about? Advanced stats are the reason I predicted they would do well without him. It was always based on stats. You're in over your head.

What are you talking about? Advanced stats are the reason I predicted they would do well without him. It was always based on stats. You're in over your head.

Whatever, man. If you're trying to say the Bulls are better without Derrick Rose then you're wrong.

Just now reading this argument. It's like those claiming the bulls were ok without Jordan as they played well when he retired the first time. A lot of these teams will play well based on style alone (the bulls are one of the few dominating defensive teams that give 100% effort with a great coach). Come playoff time they would be eliminated in 2nd round without Rose. Rose is not that selfish, doesn't affect rhythm in the game on the offensive side, and he plays great d. The case could be made the lakers are more efficient as they focus on their dominating inside presence more. But to think cj Watson and Lucas are going to light it up against great competition in playoffs is laughable.

Last edited:
D. Rose hit the game tying 3 to send the game to OT tonight.

Good win for the Bulls! Almost dropped one in Detroit.

Just now reading this argument. It's like those claiming the bulls were ok without Jordan as they played well when he retired the first time. A lot of these teams will play well based on style alone (the bulls are one of the few dominating defensive teams that give 100% effort with a great coach). Come playoff time they would be eliminated in 2nd round without Rose. Rose is not that selfish, doesn't affect rhythm in the game on the offensive side, and he plays great d. The case could be made the lakers are more efficient as they focus on their dominating inside presence more. But to think cj Watson and Lucas are going to light it up against great competition in playoffs is laughable.

No. It's not. The Bulls went from being the best team with MJ, to being a pretty good team without (lost in Eastern semis).

With Rose, the Bulls had the best record. Without Rose, the Bulls have the best record.

No. It's not. The Bulls went from being the best team with MJ, to being a pretty good team without (lost in Eastern semis).

With Rose, the Bulls had the best record. Without Rose, the Bulls have the best record.

In the regular season. You are completely illiterate if you think the Bulls are title contenders without Rose. The Bulls are a tough regular season matchup because they are one of the few times that bust their ass and make you earn everything defensively and in a year where the schedule is grinding that especially takes a toll on opposing teams. When you combine the greatest defensive scheme along with a top 2 coach, you are going to win games in bunches. In the playoffs, the Bulls would struggle to score without Rose. For the point to be valid, you would have to argue that he is selfish and stops the rhythm of the offense when he plays and/or is an awful defender. Neither are true. I think you can make the case for the Lakers being more efficient without Kobe because the ball stops at Kobe and the strength of the Lakers (the post game) is not utilized. That being said, the Lakers have 0 shot at making a playoff run without Kobe. The same argument was moronically used last year in terms of the Grizzlies being a better team without Rudy Gay.

In the regular season. You are completely illiterate if you think the Bulls are title contenders without Rose. The Bulls are a tough regular season matchup because they are one of the few times that bust their ass and make you earn everything defensively and in a year where the schedule is grinding that especially takes a toll on opposing teams. When you combine the greatest defensive scheme along with a top 2 coach, you are going to win games in bunches. In the playoffs, the Bulls would struggle to score without Rose. For the point to be valid, you would have to argue that he is selfish and stops the rhythm of the offense when he plays and/or is an awful defender. Neither are true. I think you can make the case for the Lakers being more efficient without Kobe because the ball stops at Kobe and the strength of the Lakers (the post game) is not utilized. That being said, the Lakers have 0 shot at making a playoff run without Kobe. The same argument was moronically used last year in terms of the Grizzlies being a better team without Rudy Gay.

What makes you think they aren't? They win 70% of their games. Any team who does that is a title contender. They beat the Heat without him, they can beat whomever without him. He increases their chances of winning, I agree. But he hurt them badly in the playoffs last year with horrible play. Hopefully he has matured, but the results have been pretty much the same....with or without him.

I pray we amnesty Boozer. I can roll with Taj at the 4.

And it may be time to trade Noah for another scorer.

The Bulls are looking to trade Luol Deng because he refuses to have surgery until after the Olympics, with would mean he'd miss some of the regular season. And they're trying make some space so they don't have to pay the luxury tax.

They're also rumored to be one of the teams wanting to sign Brandon Roy. Which makes me incredibly happy.

Looks like the Bulls top 3 free agent targets are: Brandon Roy, Kirk Hinrich and Courtney Lee.

VN Store

Back