The official Tennessee vs. Ole Miss quarterfinal game thread, 7:30 pm, SEC network

Didn't see the official game thread, so figured might as well and go ahead and get this baby going!!

Going out on a limb a little and saying Vols win big 78-59 tonight!!!

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN!, knock on wood,(TAP!TAP!TAP!)

Sorry guys, we're getting beat. (maybe the Jinx Gods will forgive us now?)

Please let us just win. A single point or twenty, just win the damn game. Win and I think we're in, period.

Is anyone else as worried as I am about this game? OM is a tough matchup for us. They played us well in Knoxville and this one is at neutral court, but they have already played a game. Our young team has all the pressure. CCM has his work cut out for him tonight...

Go Vols!

Vols might be surprised by this one. Could be a really tough game and Ole Miss could pull the upset.

That being said, Vols 61 - 59 Ole Miss.

Is anyone else as worried as I am about this game? OM is a tough matchup for us. They played us well in Knoxville and this one is at neutral court, but they have already played a game. Our young team has all the pressure. CCM has his work cut out for him tonight...

Go Vols!

I agree.... hopefully this team will be much better in tournament play than over the last 10 years

I agree with NLV and BPC.. I think this is gonna be a really tough win to pull out. I don't think we can afford to have any of those scoring droughts where we go like 5 or 6 minutes without a bucket.

IMO, when we get into a lull offensively, the only way we break out of it is when Golden and/or Maymon get really aggressive and draw fouls. Hopefully CCM is preaching offensive aggression so we can get to the charity strip as much as possible.

Honestly, I think the outcome could depend on who shoots the better FT%..

Defensively I like the consistency we've had lately in league play, so I'm not worried about getting run out of the gym. I just think it's gonna be a physical, hard-fought, low-scoring affair.

GBO!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Nope Nope Nope. Tennessee is gonna lay the smack down on Ole Miss. We are not Auburn. No score predictions because it's bad luck. Stokes will have a career high after this one!

I agree with NLV and BPC.. I think this is gonna be a really tough win to pull out. I don't think we can afford to have any of those scoring droughts where we go like 5 or 6 minutes without a bucket.

IMO, when we get into a lull offensively, the only way we break out of it is when Golden and/or Maymon get really aggressive and draw fouls. Hopefully CCM is preaching offensive aggression so we can get to the charity strip as much as possible.

Honestly, I think the outcome could depend on who shoots the better FT%..

Defensively I like the consistency we've had lately in league play, so I'm not worried about getting run out of the gym. I just think it's gonna be a physical, hard-fought, low-scoring affair.

GBO!!!!

Fantastic post.

They are going to take our low post players out of the game and make us beat them from the perimeter, much like Alabama did. Golden and Tatum will have to have a big night. A lot of this game will come down to who is smarter with the ball. Therefore, it's mandatory Jordan McRae does not shoot errant shots. He HAS to play physical in this game and if he doesn't he should be benched immediately.

I think McRae brings a lot to the team on defense due to his length and in transition, so I really hope he plays smart and stays on the floor. He is quicker than Richardson and is more athletic, but he is not smarter.

You people worry too much. We're better than they are, period. It may be a tough win to pull out, but it's going to be even tougher for them to beat us.

I'm absolutely positive Cuonzo and team are not overlooking this, like some people on this board. The boys are gonna be ready to play.

They are going to take our low post players out of the game and make us beat them from the perimeter, much like Alabama did. Golden and Tatum will have to have a big night. A lot of this game will come down to who is smarter with the ball. Therefore, it's mandatory Jordan McRae does not shoot errant shots. He HAS to play physical in this game and if he doesn't he should be benched immediately.

I think McRae brings a lot to the team on defense due to his length and in transition, so I really hope he plays smart and stays on the floor. He is quicker than Richardson and is more athletic, but he is not smarter.

Good luck with that Blackbears

I too feel this will be a tough game. Much like the LSU game, but I think this game is too important for us to blow. Cuonzo will have the boys ready.

I think we take care of business in this one, but it will be close.

VN Store

Back