The Official Tennessee vs. Georgia Game Thread, 4:00 PM ET, ESPNU

Hubbs shooting 22% from the field, taking by far the most shots, will get you beat. Untimely turnovers.
Failure to get the stop on D down two with 50 seconds to go. On the bright side, the freshmen and sophs will learn and get better.

Took 13 shots, second most behind Williams, certainly not "by far the most shots". Nobody else hit anything either, and I don't think they were playing on the same bum knee Hubbs was.

Too many empty offensive possessions outside of Williams in the second half, matador defense allowing UGA to consistently get to the rim all game long, and got beat badly off the glass.

Ok, expert, what do they need to do to get in, in your opinion

•Lose to UK and USCe and win out.
•Beat UK and USCe and can lose two others.
•Any combination of wins and losses that leaves us at 3-3 in the final 6 games, plus 2 wins in the SECT.

There are several scenarios that keep us alive. Our margin for error was minimized today, but it isn't the end of the world like the Chicken Littles are claiming.

Reactions: 1 person
I feared this game. Mainly because UGA was better than their record and had some brutal losses lately. They were due and we were more than happy to help them to a win. However, if you want to be a tourney team, you have to win games like this at home. Further evidence that this is a NIT team.

It seems this team can't handle prosperity. We had a good win against Ole Miss and then lose a winnable home game today. They pretty much have zero margin for error if they lose the games against Ky and So Car like they're predicted to lose. Everyone that had Mizzou penciled in as a win may want to recheck that. Mizzou seems to have figured out how to play basketball. They beat Ark and trounced Vandy by 20 today.

Today's loss was UT's 5th of the season where they've lead by at least 13 points. Four of those losses were SEC games. Not good.

•Lose to UK and USCe and win out.
•Beat UK and USCe and can lose two others.
•Any combination of wins and losses that leaves us at 3-3 in the final 6 games, plus 2 wins in the SECT.

There are several scenarios that keep us alive. Our margin for error was minimized today, but it isn't the end of the world like the Chicken Littles are claiming.

Ok,in your opinion, there are just, more ways to get in, than the one I gave. Which would make my scenario, remotely accurate, just not the only way to get in.

On a high note, how good is Williams going to be if he stays 4 years? 30 points today against guys 6-8 and 6-9.

Ok,in your opinion, there are just, more ways to get in, than the one I gave. Which would make my scenario, remotely accurate, just not the only way to get in.

You presented only one scenario, and said we HAD to win one at UK or USCe to have a chance to make the tourney. So, no, it wasn't accurate. There are scenarios that don't involve beating either team.

Once again, Hubbs has to shoulder most of the blame for being a no- show once again. Can't have your Senior continue to disappear like he does or we will continue to lose close games

Probably ill or has a knee problem. Can't believe folks are hanging their hats/hopes/expectations on Hubbs. We've seen this for 4 years. He is what he is.

This hurts, but there's still a good shot at the tournament. Can't lose more than 2 the rest of the way(regular season)

Just looking back - protect home court against Arky and Georgia and don't blow a 19 point lead at MSU and they'd be a lock right now

This hurts, but there's still a good shot at the tournament. Can't lose more than 2 the rest of the way(regular season)

Just looking back - protect home court against Arky and Georgia and don't blow a 19 point lead at MSU and they'd be a lock right now

I wouldn't call it good. The margin is razor thin now, and we have 2 probable losses already at UK and at SC, and given how this team is, you can't call any of the other 4 definite wins.

We SHOULD beat Vandy and Mizzou, and LSU we should but it's there. Alabama at TBA is going to be the hardest.

I wouldn't call it good. The margin is razor thin now, and we have 2 probable losses already at UK and at SC, and given how this team is, you can't call any of the other 4 definite wins.

We SHOULD beat Vandy and Mizzou, and LSU we should but it's there. Alabama at TBA is going to be the hardest.

I think Vandy and Bama will be tough. Someone needs to step up to go along with Grant or they will lose more than 2

Kesling Call of the Night:

When TN put 4 guards on the floor with GW...

"TN is going small with Grant Williams at the point guard".

The 12 students that did show up harrassed Frazier the whole time he warmed up along with the rest of the Dawgs.It was funny before the game but not so much at the end.

After Fox got that technical foul, Frazier and the rest of the Georgia team seemed to be very energized and UT could not give Williams and Hubbs any scoring help.

How do you figure? Only other player in double figures behind Williams. Rough day shooting, but nobody else did anything. I thought the offense bogged down and the ball movement stopped because we were relying too much on Williams when he was killing it early in the second half. Nobody else in the flow. Hard to single out Hubbs playing on a gimpy knee imo.

Looked a little tired as well. Maybe he won't be partying out until 2 a.m. Anymore the night before a game if what was posted is true.

Took 13 shots, second most behind Williams, certainly not "by far the most shots". Nobody else hit anything either, and I don't think they were playing on the same bum knee Hubbs was.

Too many empty offensive possessions outside of Williams in the second half, matador defense allowing UGA to consistently get to the rim all game long, and got beat badly off the glass.

If Hubbs "bum knee" effects him this much, it's time Barnes sits him as we have plenty of other capable players. I appreciate him trying to play through the pain but there comes a time it is a detriment instead of actually helping the team. He has basically been " injured" his entire career anyway.

You presented only one scenario, and said we HAD to win one at UK or USCe to have a chance to make the tourney. So, no, it wasn't accurate. There are scenarios that don't involve beating either team.

So, one game "off" isn't "remotely accurate"? If we lose to both SCar and Kentucky, we better run the table with the other 4 remaining games and go 18-13 to have a shot to make the tourney, no? And even then we're gonna have to do some damage in the SEC tourney to make sure we get in. We were a bubble team even before the loss to 13-11 Georgia.

VN Store

Back