The Official Tennessee vs. Georgia Game Thread, 4:00 PM ET, ESPNU

This is very true. But 2 losses like this in a week is rough.

Barnes is a good coach, as a fan these losses are just tough to take. But your point stands and is correct.

You're correct. I'm not saying that the losses aren't bad or don't hurt. But you have to have perspective and look at the overall season. I know that I had pretty much no expectations for this team to start the season. If anything, it makes me excited for the future.

Reactions: 1 person
Just like football. We have some soft fans. We roll out 8 freshmen and sophomores, and people are shocked that this happens. Sure, it sucks, but my gosh we have whiny ass fans.

Reactions: 3 people
well, the boys fought hard, but Georgia finally got themselves a win. hurt our NCAAT chances, but a few more games to play, and, as always...

GO VOLS!

No such thing as SEC refs... but yeah that sucked.

The call Maten wasn't good, but it's like they then proceeded to try to make it up, and they probably cost us the game. Would have been better off going the other way

But he bigger problem is how our offense climaxes to a decent lead then goes completely limp

He's right. This team cannot maintain a lead for its life; we were up 19 against MSU, 14 today and 10+ against multiple teams this season and have squandered these great leads each and every time.

I understand that this is a young team, but you have to be able to win games comfortably when you're up huge.

You think I don't know this team has blown leads?

That dude is a miserable poster and just shows up to tell everyone how much UT sucks.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm very disappointed, but this is a young team and we know the M.O., by now. I was scared to death of Frazier, he did it to us last year and again this year, 29 points. Fox's tech changed the game. Oh well, now we have to win one at Kentucky or S. Carolina, imo, and win out at home to have a chance, at the big dance. Unless we win the SEC tourney, which would be very difficult for this team to be that consistent for 4 straight days

Good lord, not remotely accurate.

No such thing as SEC refs... but yeah that sucked.

While they aren't strictly SEC, there is a pool that the conference uses, and they use the same ones. The conference certainly can choose who they use. It's sickening how terrible they are.

Once again, Hubbs has to shoulder most of the blame for being a no- show once again. Can't have your Senior continue to disappear like he does or we will continue to lose close games

How do you figure? Only other player in double figures behind Williams. Rough day shooting, but nobody else did anything. I thought the offense bogged down and the ball movement stopped because we were relying too much on Williams when he was killing it early in the second half. Nobody else in the flow. Hard to single out Hubbs playing on a gimpy knee imo.

Hubbs shooting 22% from the field, taking by far the most shots, will get you beat. Untimely turnovers.
Failure to get the stop on D down two with 50 seconds to go. On the bright side, the freshmen and sophs will learn and get better.

VN Store

Back