The Official Tennessee vs. Georgia Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, SEC Network

which one is the tony jones comment?

There were a few, but mainly he was calling out Barnes for not calling a TO.

One thing that I thought was kind if silly with Jones/Pearl was the scripted substitutions. I prefer that the HC makes subbing decisions on the fly rather than following a pre-determined pattern.

tonybasilio.com It will probably be on an endless loop over the next few days unless they failed to get it recorded.

Just watched the game. Had it recorded. Piss poor last offensive possession, but that previous play where Lew intentionally fouled big dude and he missed both free throws was a sample of some great late game coaching. Almost Jimmy V like.

Disappointed but Go Vols anyway

I just watched the game tape and my question is: Have we won a game( other than the last one) since Hubbs got his new hair do???? If Williams could hit a FT we would have won at leasty 3 more on the year. We most likely not win in the NIT.

There is not going to be any NIT this year. Maybe next year.

Everybody can diss Hubbs all they want but we don't have anyone as good as him at the 3 coming in next year. Pons is athletic enough for sure but he doesn't have a shot outside 5 feet.

We will no miss Hubbs next year. Hopefully we will have a player that doesn't disappear when the going gets tough.

Reactions: 1 person
If Admiral hits that shot everyone would be excited about horw CRB drew up a play for an open game winning three. Players have to hit shots. This game was lost when we did not take advantage of Georgia's turnovers in the 1st half and missing free throws.
BTW, Bone should have played more with Turner at the 2. That is the main coaching decision I question. Early in 2nd half they should have been playing together.

lol, CRB didn't call a timeout to draw up a play for a game winning three or even a game tying two. He choked and didn't do anything but let his players look totally confused when none of them wanted to take charge and take the last shot. So instead of taking a shot with 8-10 seconds left to have a chance of getting a rebound we throw the ball around until a second is left and our 4 man jacks up an airball three. Great coaching, huh?

Where was 5 star "big game" Hubbs?

This all day. Hubbs disappeared for the last month. No senior leadership on the floor. A 5* disappointment if you ask me.

On the other hand I'll take Jordan Bone til the cows come home. He showed some things today.

People are acting like Hubbs wasn't playing the last month with a bum knee. Dude was getting it drained on the reg.

Give him a break. Hubbs balled out this year.

lol, CRB didn't call a timeout to draw up a play for a game winning three or even a game tying two. He choked and didn't do anything but let his players look totally confused when none of them wanted to take charge and take the last shot. So instead of taking a shot with 8-10 seconds left to have a chance of getting a rebound we throw the ball around until a second is left and our 4 man jacks up an airball three. Great coaching, huh?

My point is not about whether a timeout was called. The point is players eventually have to make shots. CRB made a clutch call in having Lew foul and he at least gave us a chance to tie or win.

A good coach goes over these game situations in practice all year. And how does anyone know or not, if he had something drawn up in the last timeout. Admiral has made some big 3's this year (shooting 39%). In fact Admiral is the best % 3 point shooter on the team and it was not an air ball. If he had made the shot, then you would be cheering. Check that - this team could do nothing to make you cheer.

People are acting like Hubbs wasn't playing the last month with a bum knee. Dude was getting it drained on the reg.

Give him a break. Hubbs balled out this year.

I don't think people care; they want to hate on Hubbs, so let them. The dude had his knee drained 3 or 4 times.

My point is not about whether a timeout was called. The point is players eventually have to make shots. CRB made a clutch call in having Lew foul and he at least gave us a chance to tie or win.

A good coach goes over these game situations in practice all year. And how does anyone know or not, if he had something drawn up in the last timeout. Admiral has made some big 3's this year (shooting 39%). In fact Admiral is the best % 3 point shooter on the team and it was not an air ball. If he had made the shot, then you would be cheering. Check that - this team could do nothing to make you cheer.

Should have shot the ball with more time, 8-10 seconds left to have a chance for a rebound and another shot vs. shooting with 1 second left. And yes, it was an airball or if not, it hardly grazed the rim.

Hell I don't know. Guess Barnes had confidence in his guys to make a play but they panicked more than anything. That's the only thing that sucks about having mostly freshman on your team.

Most years you see 4-5 freshmen on the floor for Kentucky and they don't seem to have these sorts of things happen near as often. I don't think that's a good excuse.

Most years you see 4-5 freshmen on the floor for Kentucky and they don't seem to have these sorts of things happen near as often. I don't think that's a good excuse.

You're talking about future NBA players taking the shots. Huge talent difference between Cal's guys and Barne's guys.

How many lottery picks does Barnes have?

You couldn't have came up with a worse comparison.

VN Store

Back