The Official Tennessee vs. Georgia Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Then what does it hurt to call a TO to settle everyone down?

Hell I don't know. Guess Barnes had confidence in his guys to make a play but they panicked more than anything. That's the only thing that sucks about having mostly freshman on your team.

Reactions: 1 person
Then what does it hurt to call a TO to settle everyone down?

Or maybe their nervousness ramps up instead if settling down.

At least the ball was moving around a bit at the end... which hadn't happened most of the game. Could have set up a play to get it inside, but Williams just missed the front end and then missed/made 1 of 2. There is no right answer. If Schofield makes the three then the coaching wouldn't have been called out.

Reactions: 2 people
Appreciate Hubbs as a Vol, but if I'm being honest, I won't be sad to see him move on.

Hubbs would have been a great 6th man or a strictly role player. It was too much to ask him to carry a team full of underclassmen. I wish that he could have had a bunch of juniors and seniors playing along side of him.

Hubbs would have been a great 6th man or a strictly role player. It was too much to ask him to carry a team full of underclassmen. I wish that he could have had a bunch of juniors and seniors playing along side of him.

Everybody can diss Hubbs all they want but we don't have anyone as good as him at the 3 coming in next year. Pons is athletic enough for sure but he doesn't have a shot outside 5 feet.

Another thing that pisses me off, why do the officials continue to call picky fouls on Williams? It's almost like he can never stay out of foul trouble.

Players who mouth off or otherwise show up the refs gets a target on his back. Not the first player at UT to go down this road.

Losing sucks, but TN had an open 3 for the win in a game that TN could have been blown off of the court. Shembari gets injured less than a day before the game and Williams (30 points last GA game) gets in foul trouble almost immediately.

If Admiral hits that shot everyone would be excited about how CRB drew up a play for an open game winning three. Players have to hit shots. This game was lost when we did not take advantage of Georgia's turnovers in the 1st half and missing free throws.
BTW, Bone should have played more with Turner at the 2. That is the main coaching decision I question. Early in 2nd half they should have been playing together.

TN could have (would have?) won had Williams made the 4 free throw opportunities at the end instead of just the one.

Next year we have 6 sophomores instead of 6 freshmen.

Reactions: 2 people
Schofield, Turner and Bone had solid games while Williams and Hubbs were non factors.

Looking forward to next season.

Schofield, Turner and Bone had solid games while Williams and Hubbs were non factors.

Looking forward to next season.

Hubbs has just been a huge disappointment. I don't see how he was rated so high by the recruiting services. The talent is there, the attitude isn't.

By taking a TO you don't know what kind of defense Georgia would be in. Barnes must have liked the odds versus what GA was doing. TN had an open look for the win by Admiral.

Exactly. It's not an automatic TO.

Against some teams, it is better to face non-set defense. Conversely, against other teams, it is better to have a set offensive play.

We had an open look for the win. Hard to see how it would have played out much better (for any significant percentage) with a set play vs a set defense.

Tony Jones sure is doing a lot of second guessing of CRB, especially considering he's now a part time coach of 8-16 year olds.

Hubbs has just been a huge disappointment. I don't see how he was rated so high by the recruiting services. The talent is there, the attitude isn't.

You answered your own question. Recruiting services can't possibly fully-evaluate attitude/work ethic/etc.

I just watched the game tape and my question is: Have we won a game( other than the last one) since Hubbs got his new hair do???? If Williams could hit a FT we would have won at leasty 3 more on the year. We most likely not win in the NIT.

TN could have (would have?) won had Williams made the 4 free throw opportunities at the end instead of just the one.

Next year we have 6 sophomores instead of 6 freshmen.

FT something Williams needs to improve on - seems like he only made 1 of 2 when he was at the line every time this season

VN Store

Back