The Official Tennessee vs. Georgia Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Damn, that bites. Still a very entertaining season and we saw flashes of brilliance from a very young team, of which we are returning 70+% of statistic production next season.

Thank you boys, thank you coach, GBO!!

Reactions: 1 person
Having Evans burn his 5th foul was very smart coaching. Their guy threw up two bricks. But that last possession... good god. I would even defend not burning the timeout there, because that gives the defense a chance to get set, and we pretty much sucked against their zone the entire game. I suppose you could knock Barnes for draining all the confidence from this team. I think the effort is there, but no poise, no leadership, same story all year.

Damn, that bites. Still a very entertaining season and we saw flashes of brilliance from a very young team, of which we are returning 70+% of statistic production next season.

Thank you boys, thank you coach, GBO!!

It's just so frustrating that we saw flashes of how well this team can play; it makes it harder to swallow the really bad performances.

To be fair, Schofield had a pretty good look at the game winner. Just didn't knock it down. And waited too long to get it up so we didn't have time for a putback or offensive board. But yeah. That miss is big. Schofield makes that shot and we're in the NIT regardless of what would have happened vs. Kentucky tomorrow.

Playing for the win in a 2 pt game with no one wanting the shot. But they had quite a few empty possessions the last 10 minutes putting up 3's down by 1 and missing FT's. I've always liked Barnes but this team too often looks poorly coached.

It's just so frustrating that we saw flashes of how well this team can play; it makes it harder to swallow the really bad performances.

I know what you're saying, but the kind of season we had reflects our youth, inexperience, and lack of leadership to an absolute T. I'm not surprised in the least concerning the difference in quality throughout the season.

I hate that we weren't able to tap 100% of our potential on a consistent basis, but I see good reason to considerably raise the realistic expectations for next year.

Some day UT will recruit kids that actual can shoot the ball. We have suffered so long with poor shooting year after year. We only needed one more this game but no one could do it.

Flush the toilet. 2016-2017 Vol B'ball season should be done. Better to finish 0.500 than lose another in the NITs.

By taking a TO you don't know what kind of defense Georgia would be in. Barnes must have liked the odds versus what GA was doing. TN had an open look for the win by Admiral.

So much of it comes down to the Freshman. If Bone and Turner play the last three weeks like they did today, this team is in the NCAA Tournament. If Grant Williams plays well today, they probably win today. It's just how it goes with first year players. Next season will be exciting for this group.

Playing for the win in a 2 pt game with no one wanting the shot. But they had quite a few empty possessions the last 10 minutes putting up 3's down by 1 and missing FT's. I've always liked Barnes but this team too often looks poorly coached.

It's hard to coach the guys when all of them stand around the 3 pt line passing it around. Someone needs to drive and take over the game. Hubbs wasn't even in at the end because he doesn't have that mentality. Need guys to develop a killer instinct (Williams, Bone)

By taking a TO you don't know what kind of defense Georgia would be in. Barnes must have liked the odds versus what GA was doing. TN had an open look for the win by Admiral.

You also get to draw up a play, which they obviously didn't have going on. They were obviously panicked at the end.

Another thing that pisses me off, why do the officials continue to call picky fouls on Williams? It's almost like he can never stay out of foul trouble.

VN Store

Back