The Official Tennessee vs. George Washington Game Thread, 9:00 pm ET, American Sports

We're a .500 team at best with no size and no depth. When we have a starter on the bench we become a completely different team.

Moore , Hubbs and Punter all spent a lot of time on the bench due to fouls and or injury. We go from being up 8 points to down 11. We are basically a 4 1/2 man team, ( Reese is e 1/2). We get nothing from Mostella and the rest of our bench. Phillips shows some flashes but plays like the freshman he is.

I can't believe the shot we take on our last real possession we dribble near half court, set a screen, don't actually go around the screen and jack up a HORRIBLE 3 attempt.

Let's be honest, this team is limited as is, and GW is a good team. Lose Hubbs for 15 minutes, Punter for 8 minutes cause of FT, and Moore sitting the last 5 minutes and we are lucky to only be down 11 really. At full strength we can make this a game, without Hubbs or with guys in foul trouble we've got no chance.

Let's be honest, this team is limited as is, and GW is a good team. Lose Hubbs for 15 minutes, Punter for 8 minutes cause of FT, and Moore sitting the last 5 minutes and we are lucky to only be down 11 really. At full strength we can make this a game, without Hubbs or with guys in foul trouble we've got no chance.

This plus boxing out

Does McGhee have two fouls or one? Seems like he was only in for about a minute or two. He's averaging a foul every four minutes. Need him on the court.

Did anybody else listen to the halftime crew? They could literally be the worst group I have ever listened to.

I would feel ok about it if we had kinda played defense when they went out...but that was pretty poor effort in a zone we should theoretically be ok at.

Does McGhee have two fouls or one? Seems like he was only in for about a minute or two. He's averaging a foul every four minutes. Need him on the court.

He only has one.

Did anybody else listen to the halftime crew? They could literally be the worst group I have ever listened to.
I decided to mute it before it began for that very reason. Someone willing to accept worse than Jefferson Pilot level commentary needs to tell me when it comes back on. :p

Last edited:
From another board:

(McGhee has) 16 fouls in 62 minutes.

That amounts to 10.3 fouls per 40 minute game. Which means he'd foul out in less than a half if he started.... He's played 6.2% of the team's minutes, but has committed 18.2% of the fouls.

We actually looked like the better team when we had our starting 5 in the game. Once we got in foul trouble and Hubbs got injured we became a completely different team. Our starting 5 would finish in the top half of the SEC , however, it takes more than 5 players and once we go to the bench we turn into the 12th place team we were picked to be.

Hubbs warming up. Tennessee will come out and play tight man defense. Force 7 plus turnovers early second half. Go on a run. Win by 7 going away. Yeah it's the medication.

Reactions: 1 person
I would feel ok about it if we had kinda played defense when they went out...but that was pretty poor effort in a zone we should theoretically be ok at.

He only has one.

I decided to mute it before it began for that very reason. Someone willing to accept worse than Jefferson Pilot level commentary needs to tell me when it comes back on. :p

At least we get to watch

VN Store

Back