The Official Tennessee vs. George Washington Game Thread, 9:00 pm ET, American Sports

Shembari's readiness impressed me, but he did finish 1/8 from the field, I wasn't as blown away as some. With that said, he's giving you more defensively and less turnovers than Mostella, so I'm guessing you'll continue to see him.

Kasongo looked good in that stretch, you saw the athleticism he possesses, that can't be taught. Much like McGhee the fouling is an issue, so I'm guessing you'll continue to see Reese start and McGhee/Kasongo both play behind him. Tonight was probably Reese's worst game of the season so far IMO.

Shew, that's a tough one. As far as a guy that can go get his anytime, yea I agree, but Punter and Moore can both make a good case. Punter finds ways to get to the line consistently, his shot has improved and the floater is working, Moore is an absolute stat sheet stuffer. The next step for Hubbs needs to be to find a consistent perimeter shot, and to use that athleticism defensively and on the boards.

Even with Turner I think the post questions exist, I'm not sure unless someone emerges this team would be much better even with Turner.

On Hubbs, I just see it. It's not there yet but you can see it. He's so close. I really wish his frosh year was a RS.

I know that Turner getting eligible is a long shot and we suck in the post. Maybe I am already projecting that we are gonna be close in the end and I think we could end up on the bubble and Turner could be the difference.

Mostella, McGhee, Kasongo, Phillips... all freshman. Barnes will coach them up. Get Turner eligible and this team could be doing some damage by March.

Didn't get to see the game but sounds like Punter had a good night both from the floor and the free throw line.

Caught some of the game on radio. The game not being televised on a known network is a joke in this day and age with all the tv contracts out there. Liked that we kept fighting even when we were down. Still finding our way, but GW is a quality team. I was impressed with our competitiveness. Let's get a W over Nebraska tomorrow.

Didn't get to see the game but sounds like Punter had a good night both from the floor and the free throw line.

Three 1st half fouls and a 4th pretty early in the 2nd half created a huge advantage for GW. He couldn't guard them at all at the end.

Baulkman has really improved especially playing with an injured shoulder.

I'm glad he seems to have played through the cold shooting (0-13?) to start the season. He needs to make those wide open looks though. Missed one in the second half from the left wing that would have tightened it up with a lot more time left.

I'm glad he seems to have played through the cold shooting (0-13?) to start the season. He needs to make those wide open looks though. Missed one in the second half from the left wing that would have tightened it up with a lot more time left.

On the flip side he hit the open one late to make it a 1 point game, nobody hits them all, he's looking to be the 40% shooter we were hoping for.

99.9999% no

It's a new rule for women's BB:

Advancing the ball

The panel approved a rule that allows teams to advance the ball to the frontcourt following a timeout immediately after a made basket in the last 59.9 seconds of the fourth quarter and any overtime periods.

Teams also will be allowed to advance the ball to the frontcourt after securing the ball from a rebound or a change of possession. In these scenarios, the ball would be inbounded at the 28-foot mark on the side of the court where the scorer’s table is located.

An interesting experimental rule change on the men's side. There will be 6 fouls allowed in post season tournaments other than the NCAAT.

Barnes is obviously a great coach. He has pieced together a team who has no quit in them. (I wish he could help with the Lady VOLS too)

I think he was right not calling the time out, which would allow GW to get set up.

VN Store

Back