The Official Tennessee vs. George Washington Game Thread, 9:00 pm ET, American Sports

It's a great rule

Coaches shouldn't be able to call TOs when their players are trapped or in trouble. I really think it makes the game better

They also got rid of the 5 second call... so a trapped player or his teammates will just call time out when the coach tells them to call it.

I think Turner could have made a difference in this game. Would have been game 6 for him at the point. With Punter at the 2 I think this team is easily 6 to 8 points better. Kasongo should have been getting 15 minutes plus a game. Going to have to make mistakes to learn. Also I think Alexander needs to play the four along side him. Make this season a learning curve. What do we really have to lose.

I like not calling the TO.

We had two shots to tie the game with pretty good looks.

It was a really good second half.

They also got rid of the 5 second call... so a trapped player or his teammates will just call time out when the coach tells them to call it.

At least the players have to be coached when to call TOs now when before the coach had too much control. I like the new rule

Jmo

Tough loss but on to tomorrow how do we match up with Nebraska tallest guy I believe is 6'10". They average 78 and hold opp to 67 if I can remember what I just read ha

Tough loss but on to tomorrow how do we match up with Nebraska tallest guy I believe is 6'10". They average 78 and hold opp to 67 if I can remember what I just read ha

We owe Nebraska. Didn't they beat Buzz one of the times that he failed to intentionally foul with a three point lead? Or maybe they were down two and hit a three for the win. Either way... we owe them a beat down.

A couple of things I thought about that you guys can weigh in on....

1. Shembari looks better than any freshman here since......?

2. We have to develop a post presence. Kasongo looked like he is game to fill that role.

3. Hubbs is our best player IMO.

4. If Lamonte Turner gets eligible I think we make the tourney.

Maybe but some here are saying that is why we didn't call a TO tonight

Time is of essence many times when a trap or jump ball is coming

The TO to prevent a jump ball makes sense. But without a 5 second call a trap isn't as likely to force a turnover.

We owe Nebraska. Didn't they beat Buzz one of the times that he failed to intentionally foul with a three point lead? Or maybe they were down two and hit a three for the win. Either way... we owe them a beat down.

I hope they get what they deserve. 13 hr turnaround and how we play I wonder if we will see some tired legs tomorrow?

Maybe but some here are saying that is why we didn't call a TO tonight

Time is of essence many times when a trap or jump ball is coming

Talked to a bb guy tonight. He said he wouldn't have called a TO tonight.

I don't like dissecting that stuff IMO. It's just flipping a coin IMO.

I can bet ours is at the bottom

Well, UGA has played Chattanooga, Murray State, and High Point. LSU played McNeese State, Kennesaw St, South Alabama, Marquette, and NC State. Ole Miss played Northwestern S, Ga Southern, George Mason, Towson, Seton Hall, and Georgia State.

Not exactly a murderer's row. I would think we're above those.

Edit: South Carolina's schedule is pretty bad too...they played Norfolk State, Oral Roberts, DePaul, Hofstra, Tulsa, and Lipscomb. That reminds me of how I would schedule if I chose an independent team in an NCAAM basketball video game.

Last edited:
A couple of things I thought about that you guys can weigh in on....

1. Shembari looks better than any freshman here since......?

2. We have to develop a post presence. Kasongo looked like he is game to fill that role.

3. Hubbs is our best player IMO.

4. If Lamonte Turner gets eligible I think we make the tourney.

Shembari's readiness impressed me, but he did finish 1/8 from the field, I wasn't as blown away as some. With that said, he's giving you more defensively and less turnovers than Mostella, so I'm guessing you'll continue to see him.

Kasongo looked good in that stretch, you saw the athleticism he possesses, that can't be taught. Much like McGhee the fouling is an issue, so I'm guessing you'll continue to see Reese start and McGhee/Kasongo both play behind him. Tonight was probably Reese's worst game of the season so far IMO.

Shew, that's a tough one. As far as a guy that can go get his anytime, yea I agree, but Punter and Moore can both make a good case. Punter finds ways to get to the line consistently, his shot has improved and the floater is working, Moore is an absolute stat sheet stuffer. The next step for Hubbs needs to be to find a consistent perimeter shot, and to use that athleticism defensively and on the boards.

Even with Turner I think the post questions exist, I'm not sure unless someone emerges this team would be much better even with Turner.

Not taking a TO was the correct call, no questions about.

The possession before was freaking terrible.

VN Store

Back