The Official Tennessee vs. George Washington Game Thread, 9:00 pm ET, American Sports

No, you don't call TO. If we had GW fouls us and gives us no shot at a 3, was a force by Hubbs as he panicked, but playing it out was correct call

When BTO and Bruin agree y'all should take notice. You don't call a timeout because it allows the defense to set up. Good learning experience for Hubbs and this team dealing with a last second situation.

This team has no quit and I love it. GW was clearly the better team, but Punter and Co fought like heck to get us back in this game. This team is severely lacking in height and depth. Despite that, we clawed back into this game when it looked like we were going to get out rebounded out of the gym.

Hats off to our guys tonight. They fought hard. One thing I noticed from tonight is that Kasongo needs more time immediately. He will be a good one when he gets acclimated.

GBO!

Rebounding is about the players effort. Army and GW players wanted it more. Barnes can push the players, but eventually they have to put in the effort on the boards.

I agree. I expect that effort every single game for every single minute. That's is something we can control

Rebounding is about the players effort. Army and GW players wanted it more. Barnes can push the players, but eventually they have to put in the effort on the boards.

I don't buy the whole "wanted it more."

How do you know a team "wants it more?" Don't they all want to win?

When BTO and Bruin agree y'all should take notice. You don't call a timeout because it allows the defense to set up. Good learning experience for Hubbs and this team dealing with a last second situation.

This team has no quit and I love it. GW was clearly the better team, but Punter and Co fought like heck to get us back in this game. This team is severely lacking in height and depth. Despite that, we clawed back into this game when it looked like we were going to get out rebounded out of the gym.

Hats off to our guys tonight. They fought hard. One thing I noticed from tonight is that Kasongo needs more time immediately. He will be a good one when he gets acclimated.

GBO!

So bruin and bto are the bball gods?

Reactions: 1 person
The refs completely changed their calls in the last 3 minutes, and the game actually went smoothly. If the game had been officiated that way the whole way through it would have been a completely different game.

Yep, in he 1st half, charge called against UT at one in and then moments later, a similar play, called a block on Moore. And Moore had better established position than the one that was called a charge againot UT. Blatant over the back no call as well.

Reactions: 1 person
What was the need for putting in a rule that the coach can't call a TO except with a dead ball? All it does is add a split second for him to tell a player to call one. The NCAA is run by idiots.

No man. It's just the right call. Barnes couldn't have even called a timeout anyways. So it's kind of a moot point and not placing blame where it does not belong.

If that's the rule change then your right, it's a moot point. I wasn't aware of that.

Yep, in he 1st half, charge called against UT at one in and then moments later, a similar play, called a block on Moore. And Moore had better established position than the one that was called a charge againot UT. Blatant over the back no call as well.

His worst game of the yr by far. Imo

What was the need for putting in a rule that the coach can't call a TO except with a dead ball? All it does is add a split second for him to tell a player to call one. The NCAA is run by idiots.

You're just figuring this out? It's the most inept organization on the planet.

It's a great rule

Coaches shouldn't be able to call TOs when their players are trapped or in trouble. I really think it makes the game better

I think some of the calls took Moore out of the game (still his fault). The "arm bar push" call that was worse than terrible had him looking very frustrated and confused, and he didn't have much of an impact after that.

You're just figuring this out? It's the most inept organization on the planet.

I knew when Bruce had a BBQ. Actually I probably first noticed when Bernard King had to sit out at the beginning of his career because KY complained about his eligibility. The NCAA just re-confirms annually that that they suck.

VN Store

Back