The Official Tennessee vs. George Washington Game Thread, 9:00 pm ET, American Sports

I know that's the excuse given, but no other SEC team goes 14 days during this stretch with no games. The most any other team goes is 10 days, with most teams having at least 1 games in between.

I would say it also has to do with the fact we are playing 4 games in 6 days, they could logistically play a game say Tuesday, but maybe they felt that would be too much, then it's exams, so they just took the 2 weeks off?

Doesn't take 14 days to take exams. Should have been a couple cream puff games scheduled during this time frame.

Exams are December 3rd-10th, Tennessee plays 4 games in 6 days ending on the 28th, travel day the 29th, and they probably felt a few days rest was warranted/necessary. That then puts them around the 3rd, which is when exams start, through the 10th. Our game at Butler for the 12th has been set, we aren't going to play at home on the 11th, so logistically it just didn't really make much sense to play another game. Really the only date they could've theoretically played would be December 2nd, and the Lady Vols already had a game scheduled that day in TBA.

Was taking a quick look through the stats leading up to this game, and really GW doesn't jump out in any category except one statistically. They shoot decent from inside or out, defend decently from inside and out, rebound well, the one number that jumped out at me is free throws...GW averages close to 25ppg from the FT line, that's a crazy number. However it makes me a little more optimistic about the game, it would appear if you can not put them into the bonus, and not commit "dumb" fouls, they may be relatively average offensively, and not at powerful as numbers initially suggest. Have to play disciplined obviously, and I'm sure in this game now that I've mentioned it it won't even be a topic, but thought that was interesting about their FT.

Digging a little more on that stat, GW's opponents average 31 fouls per game, considering we only go 7 players deep really, if we don't kick that trend our entire 7 will be in foul trouble. Would say that's definitely something to keep an eye on the first 10 minutes is foul trouble for the Vols.

Digging a little more on that stat, GW's opponents average 31 fouls per game, considering we only go 7 players deep really, if we don't kick that trend our entire 7 will be in foul trouble. Would say that's definitely something to keep an eye on the first 10 minutes is foul trouble for the Vols.
Sounds like they attack the rim often. Could be trouble without a true post presence.

Sounds like they attack the rim often. Could be trouble without a true post presence.
Watched a couple of their games.
I think our quickness and pace will cause them problems.
Yes they big. But they slow.

I honestly think we lose this one. It might get ugly.

Of course you have my permission to roast me if I'm wrong.

I honestly think we lose this one. It might get ugly.

Of course you have my permission to roast me if I'm wrong.
No need to roast anyone.
I was a bit down on them until the Army game.
That was the first game I felt like we'd gotten past the uncontrolled chaos phase.
Punter was actually demanding the ball , positioning players and calling plays.
An effort like that from all and we'll be fine tonight.
Just wonder where the legs come from tomorrow if our guys go 30 plus.

Reactions: 1 person
Bobless & Bert I guess...I forget, is John Wilkerson doing play by play tonight? I know Bob is saving his gaffes for Vandy tomorrow.

No need to roast anyone.
I was a bit down on them until the Army game.
That was the first game I felt like we'd gotten past the uncontrolled chaos phase.
Punter was actually demanding the ball , positioning players and calling plays.
An effort like that from all and we'll be fine tonight.
Just wonder where the legs come from tomorrow if our guys go 30 plus.

I do have to say they've grown on me. I questioned their will to win at times, but after the past couple games that question is out the window. Skill and depth are what scare me. They want it though.

GW will be a tougher test for sure, but I thought we did a good job last game of switching screens to stay in front and not having to make silly out of position reaching fouls. Hopefully that trend continues. Correct me if I'm wrong too, but it seems like at least our starting 5 have been pretty disciplined with the fouls they commit. But I agree with your point. This definitely isn't the game to be overly aggressive. We don't want to make them beat us at the line cause they will.

I know that's the excuse given, but no other SEC team goes 14 days during this stretch with no games. The most any other team goes is 10 days, with most teams having at least 1 games in between.

Yeah I know....these kids are doing too much of that learnin' stuff in these schools nowadays huh?

Fox Sports South is televising Long Beach St vs. Oklahoma St. What part of the south is that?

Not a real polished production. The audio level of "Free Ride" went way down when they spliced to a different clip.

VN Store

Back