The Official Tennessee vs. #9 Missouri Game Thread, 7:00pm ET(11/02/13), ESPN

Okay...last post for the game....serious dropped passes, false starts and other penalties, less than stellar running at times and some east-west play calling on O....all things called out as the game went on. All on the money .....given any call at any time. And IMO I can agree with all of it, at any given time. That said, at some point during a given season the TN defense has to show some consistency...it has to show up game to game...for the majority of the game. No excuse. Until the D comes back, I don't care how bad/good the O is they have to help us stay in the game. They didn't today, they haven't done so much in the past. Yes there are issues all around...but it starts with the D for me. Until they show up...when they show up, we'll be relevant. I'm looking forward to that day....just ain't gonna happen this year though. What am I looking for? Winning the edge battle way more than not....stingy pass defense and getting the QB on his runs the majority of times. This isn't going on today. Show up D.....hello?

You dont give the receivers who caught the balls for the passing yards any credit at all?

Wow.

Of course ... I didn't go full retard dude. Statistically, Dobbs accounted for 281 yards. Tennesee had 331 total yards of offense. Do the math! I'm just pointing out a glaring stat. I guess that's too complex for some though, my bad...

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not one to post much. Dobbs showed flashes of his potential. I can't help but wonder if North gets the first Long pass and the white kid (not racist, just having mental block of his name) catches that sure TD catch in 2nd quarter if game might have been different. What I AM sick of is hearing how great the O line is. Go ahead and say "I'd like to see you line up against them" blah, blah, blah, but those guys are a bunch of pusses. Man up and block somebody by god. Maybe it's the Jack talking but I am livid.

Two weeks in a row this team didn't come close to accepting the challenge. WHAT'S UP BUTCH! Could've gotten this effort with Dooley. I'm PO'd and I'm usually one of the more positive posters. I thought we had progressed more than this. Now more of the same next week.

Wasn't lack of effort it was lack of offensive execution. Offense will get better as Dobbs progresses. He showed some flashes but isn't SEC ready yet. Give him some time. Defense played their azz off in the second half. The offense was just so out of sync that it didn't matter.

Reactions: 2 people
Dobbs accounted for 281 total yards of offense ... the rest of the team .... 50 .... smh

He also turned it over 3 times and whiffed on some big 3rd and 4th down opportunities. There's a lot more to being a winning QB than putting up some numbers. He's going to be good. But its gonna take some time

Okay...last post for the game....serious dropped passes, false starts and other penalties, less than stellar running at times and some east-west play calling on O....all things called out as the game went on. All on the money .....given any call at any time. And IMO I can agree with all of it, at any given time. That said, at some point during a given season the TN defense has to show some consistency...it has to show up game to game...for the majority of the game. No excuse. Until the D comes back, I don't care how bad/good the O is they have to help us stay in the game. They didn't today, they haven't done so much in the past. Yes there are issues all around...but it starts with the D for me. Until they show up...when they show up, we'll be relevant. I'm looking forward to that day....just ain't gonna happen this year though. What am I looking for? Winning the edge battle way more than not....stingy pass defense and getting the QB on his runs the majority of times. This isn't going on today. Show up D.....hello?

So you expected them to shut Missouri out? The offense lost this game or lack thereof. The defense played well in rhe second half and gave the team a chance to come back but the offense couldn't bust a grape.

He also turned it over 3 times and whiffed on some big 3rd and 4th down opportunities. There's a lot more to being a winning QB than putting up some numbers. He's going to be good. But its gonna take some time

I understand that .... my point is that he carried this team on his back today. Pretty impressive for a true freshman imo. Yes he turned it over 3 times, but that's bound to happen when most of the team is lackluster and he's trying every way possible to make something happen. Kid is good now if you ask me. Not great yet, but good.

So you expected them to shut Missouri out? The offense lost this game or lack thereof. The defense played well in rhe second half and gave the team a chance to come back but the offense couldn't bust a grape.

Did you and I watch the same game? Mizzou ran the clock in the second half as to not run up the score. The defense didn't all of a sudden show up... I do agree that the offense is bad though. I hang most of this loss on the Offensive line. They are veterans and were suppose to be our strength. They have always been bad at run blocking but the pass blocking has gotten atrocious. And I won't even begin to talk about their becoming mental midgets and jumping offsides every other play...

Just listening to the post-game and one of the linemen said "you have to have your mind in the game" when asked about the procedure penalties and off-sides.

Um you are a D1 NCAA football player for a storied program and your d@@@ "mind is not in the game"!!!! Give me a break - I guess they first need to get their collective heads out of their collective arsses!

The Vols were not ready to play the game tonight - players and coaches are equally at fault!!!!

Last edited:

I wish, but no I didn't expect to shut MO out. Hey they are #9 with a pretty good O. And I would agree that our O didn't help with the serious drops, less than stellar running and overall play calling. At the same time the D has shown that it loses more than it it wins on the edge (Fla, Or., etc. on end runs, bubble screens, etc.).....it loses on drag routes over the middle, it can't corral mobile QBs on situational plays. While I'm saying this about the current year, reality is that they haven't done it well in the last couple of years. If anything has been consistent...the defense has been really bad over the past few years. Really bad...... If, assuming one was fixing things in order, well, I'd start with the D. Given the '14 recruiting class....well, it looks positive.

Dobbs first start = not 1 TD scored. It's definitely not all his fault but he has to make some plays. How about running for a 1st down or extending plays with his legs? Not much difference from any QB we've started all year. Underwhelming performance from every level of our team.

Dobbs had 45 yards rushing. That's more than Worley had through 7 games.

VN Store

Back