The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

The more I think about the draft.....the more I want to trade back........
Get Mims or Latham and pick up an additional 2nd rounder or 3rd round pick

Reactions: Vols4us

I do love the depth of this tackle class. There’s some really good options that’ll be there late first and early second. I was on the “we have to grab a WR with one of those two picks!” bandwagon, but now I’m even open to 2 tackles.

Alt at the top and then see who’s there in the 2nd. I’ve got the fear if we pass on Alt, we might be missing out on our Bryant McKinney

I do love the depth of this tackle class. There’s some really good options that’ll be there late first and early second. I was on the “we have to grab a WR with one of those two picks!” bandwagon, but now I’m even open to 2 tackles.

Alt at the top and then see who’s there in the 2nd. I’ve got the fear if we pass on Alt, we might be missing out on our Bryant McKinney
I do like the kid from Oklahoma (Guyton) and BYU guy Suamataia.

My personal opinion is that Dad Callahan will decide on LT. There is zero question it is the most important need. If he says Alt is the Bryant McKinney that Vol8188 references - he will probably want him if still on the board. There is no real way to argue against doing that. If Alt is there. Another team may cut in line and grab him.

If Dad C sees other acceptable guys that can anchor LT long term, that green lights the playmaker at #7 or trading back. My preference is trading back assuming no other player trade for picks action develops. With D-Hop, Ridley and possibly Burks we are not hurting at WR. We could wait until the second round for a guy to develop for 2025 when D-Hop goes. If that happens and Bowers is not available - two OT's is the order of the day. We have to win up front. There is a good opportunity to accelerate this rebuild.

If Alt is available at 7 you take him no questions asked but if he’s not then you entertain a trade back.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Anyone going to the draft party? Also have you seen the survey prices of the new PSLs? Holy crap!!! PSLs appear to be starting at 5k and up to 80k.

This is when things get really interesting...

Jim Wyatt said in his mailbag that the best player available at #7 is in play. Glad the OT pool is deep and we have Dad Callahan should Alt be gone.

This is when things get really interesting...

Jim Wyatt said in his mailbag that the best player available at #7 is in play. Glad the OT pool is deep and we have Dad Callahan should Alt be gone.
If Alt is off the board definitely go with best available or trade back

Just hope Joe Alt is there at No. 7. I think he will be but there are a few scenarios floating around where he isn't.
At the same time, though, if Alt isn’t there, it would also mean someone potentially left a really good player on the board at a skill position, either (A) one could be used by the Titans as pick trade bait or (B) one that might be a fantastic long-term solution at a position like a WR or edge rusher or whatever.

At the same time, though, if Alt isn’t there, it would also mean someone potentially left a really good player on the board at a skill position, either (A) one could be used by the Titans as pick trade bait or (B) one that might be a fantastic long-term solution at a position like a WR or edge rusher or whatever.

Agreed. I don’t think there’s an edge I would take that high, but Alt, Nabers, or Harrison will have to be available if 4 QBs go ahead of us.

If there’s only 3 QBs and we lose out on all three of those guys, I’d find a QB needy team to move back with

Reactions: Vols4us
Agreed. I don’t think there’s an edge I would take that high, but Alt, Nabers, or Harrison will have to be available if 4 QBs go ahead of us.

If there’s only 3 QBs and we lose out on all three of those guys, I’d find a QB needy team to move back with
A good trade back scenario I am all for if Dad C thinks he can take a guy later and mold him into the LT we need. if not, playmaker if Alt is not available.

Reactions: Vol8188
The more I see of Alt, and breakdown of his film the more I don't think he is the sure thing so many think here

Mike Martz has a great breakdown of his film on YouTube. He's able to diagnose and explain the things I didn't like and much more.

He's not trashing the guy but explaining some major flaws.

Id rather take a project at tackle that has great flexibility and power than Alt. It would allow us to address some needed skill guys and get a tackle later.

Last edited:
Another trade scenario.

As a Titans fan, I would make that deal.

Amy is going to suck hard until we get into the new stadium. We are coming into year 2 of a five year rebuild. Stock those draft picks.

For this specific year, the OT available are # 12 will still be a stud.

As a Titans fan, I would make that deal.

Amy is going to suck hard until we get into the new stadium. We are coming into year 2 of a five year rebuild. Stock those draft picks.

For this specific year, the OT available are # 12 will still be a stud.
The league has been full of OLineman that were drafted in the midrounds that had All Pro careers and played for 10-12 years that wasn't 1st rounders.

VN Store

Back