The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

If you watch the PFF podcast, they seem to like the move. They called him the best WR available, Jacksonville wanted him back, said he compliments Hopkins well, and is worth more to TN than he is to other teams because of Hopkins and because of the big need.

Being the best free agent WR available doesn’t necessarily make him that good. He’s certainly not worth the money they’re paying him. He’s a good #2 wide receiver when he’s actually healthy enough to be on the field.

Charles is an interesting signing. Possible starting right guard? Played a lot last season. Young too, so hopefully he can improve on last season

Reactions: Vols4us
Being the best free agent WR available doesn’t necessarily make him that good. He’s certainly not worth the money they’re paying him. He’s a good #2 wide receiver when he’s actually healthy enough to be on the field.
Wait till after the year before we hear “opinions on if it was a good signing or not. We are paying him like a WR1 so they will prob use him as such

Vikings just got another 1st round pick. Belief is they may be working on a package to get into the top 5 for a QB.

Great news for us if so. There could be as many as 4 QBs taken before we pick.

Charles is an interesting signing. Possible starting right guard? Played a lot last season. Young too, so hopefully he can improve on last season
Assuming Dad Callahan signed off on it, probably a good move. To have two solid G's and C in the middle is a good thing as the Chiefs have proven.

Liking what I am seeing so far. They are clearly executing a well conceived plan and going after the best available. That is all you can ask for in the first year of a rebuild.

With all of this QB move up potential, I need to be talked down from taking Bowers at #7. With Dad Callahan can they go second round or trade for a LT with upside he can improve?

Last edited:
I like it. We needed a nose. We still need a 5 to replace Autry though.
Same here. Still some more shopping to do and hope they can find one. Autry was too expensive for their plan, but that guy was a plus while they had him.

Looks like they are getting a visit from Tre'Davious White for CB. Not much left for LB, so that may be a draft need.

Same here. Still some more shopping to do and hope they can find one. Autry was too expensive for their plan, but that guy was a plus while they had him.

Looks like they are getting a visit from Tre'Davious White for CB. Not much left for LB, so that may be a draft need.

Probably the best free agent the titans have ever brought in, but I agree it was time to move on. Still amazed at how well he played here

Last edited:
It is the higher number for Awuzie. Don't know where ESPN came up with the lower one I posted. He better play great for that paycheck. From PFR -

• Chidobe Awuzie, CB (Titans). Three years, $36MM. Contract includes $22.98MM guaranteed. Awuzie’s 2025 base salary ($11.49MM) is guaranteed for injury at signing, with $7.51MM of that total fully guaranteed. Awuzie being on Tennessee’s roster on April 1 of next year locks in the other $3.98MM. The veteran cornerback is a due a $1MM bonus on April 1, 2026, per KPRC2’s Aaron Wilson.

I will always remember the name Chidobe Awuzie. He had the honor of being announced by Drew Pearson in the greatest draft selection announcement in the history of the NFL Draft.

In case you didn't watch it live, the draft was in Philly and Eagles fans were booing people on stage all night.

Welp, I tried to post the official NFL youtube video since it's the complete pick, but the NFL is block linking to other websites. Have to post a fans video which cuts the first 15 or so seconds.

Last edited:
Thinking we are likely done, maybe another signing for depth etc at a position of need but I didn't think we are much more action, unless we come across a good offer in the draft.

Thinking we are likely done, maybe another signing for depth etc at a position of need but I didn't think we are much more action, unless we come across a good offer in the draft.
That may be how it works out. However, in Tuesday's mailbag Jim Wyatt said the following:

Abe Harrell from Charlotte, North Carolina
Question:
Hey Jim just wondering if you think the Titans will sign another FA or not? Also what do you think of the Pollard sign? Thank you…

Jim: Hi Abe. Yes, the team will sign more free agents, I can promise you that. It's just a matter of who and when, and the process will continue all the way up until the season.

Reactions: CPA

VN Store

Back