The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Paying Ridley as a 1 at $23 per. That’s top 10 money, I believe.

And he’s advanced stuff wasn’t great last season.

@Vol8188 you’re the PFF guru. What did he rank last season?

Not sure. My account expired. I’m pretty sure he’s their highest rated WR available. Also probably not fair to ask “is he a top 10 guy” just because he’s getting top ten money, because a lot of those guys are on rookie deals or deals that were signed multiple years ago.

I can state that his yards/catches were basically dead even with Hopkins in an offense that has far more options than ours.

Reactions: Vols4us
I would have preferred to trade #7 for Justin Jefferson, but that was probably never going to happen. Ridley had a good year last season, and I'm not sold on Trevor Lawrence. I think Levis could end up being better. We desperately needed a #2, and we got one. I'll take it.

Reactions: Vol8188
Not going to lie I would have liked Tanny back as the backup option to Will. He is far better than Mason Rudolph but that bridge had been burned.

Not going to lie I would have liked Tanny back as the backup option to Will. He is far better than Mason Rudolph but that bridge had been burned.
RT is washed. Watching him finish the season was brutal. 3/5 drop backs was a sack. I know our OL sucked but at some point the ball has to start coming out quick. And he never seemed to grasp that. We do still have Willis as well.

The real questions we should be asking:

How desperate were we for WR help? Very

How important is it to surround Levis with talent so we can properly evaluate him? Very

Do we have the space to overspend? 100%

Who was the best WR available in free agency? Probably Ridley

So even if we slightly overpaid, I don’t care as long as we are making an effort to surround Levis with some of the best playmakers available

I think we went after Ridley so we could properly evaluate Levis. If he can't start to get it together by week 7 or 8 next year it isn't going to happen. Best to know.

Now we just need to address the o line and they can start to develop him. We'll see.

Not sure. My account expired. I’m pretty sure he’s their highest rated WR available. Also probably not fair to ask “is he a top 10 guy” just because he’s getting top ten money, because a lot of those guys are on rookie deals or deals that were signed multiple years ago.

I can state that his yards/catches were basically dead even with Hopkins in an offense that has far more options than ours.
I agree, that gets overlooked a lot. I am 100% good with the Ridley signing. Brian/Ran are using the Cincy playbook with quality receivers for a young QB. Hopkins and Ridley are proven playmakers. Burks and Phillips can compete for #3. Pollard and Spears are RB playmakers. Seems obvious they are going OT for the first pick and probably one or two more on O-line after that. That is unless they want a high quality receiver in the wings for a Hopkins trade or 2025. The depth is supposed to be good for O-line this draft.

Ridley and Hopkins are not that old. Both are still in their primes, although Hopkins is on the tail end of his. This is a pretty good pairing for Levis IMO.

Also, I expect virtually nothing from Burks at this point. He has shown jack squat in two years. I wouldn't be surprised if we still go WR in the 1st two rounds.

Reactions: Vols4us and Vol8188
It’s pretty safe to say some of these folks literally want Levis to flame out just because he played at Kentucky. Weirdest s**t I’ve ever seen. These dumbasses loved Henry lol.
I don't get it either. I'm not convinced, he's shown some traits I didn't like but flashed in a couple of games. I'm going to wait until a staff that really values developing offensive players gets hands on with him. We'll know by week 7 or 8 next year for sure. I don't want to see him fail but I'm in the show me camp.

Here’s the PFF breakdown:

“Tennessee is also paying Ridley as a top-10 wide receiver even though he ranked 45th in PFF receiving grade, 50th in yards per route run and in the top 25 in drop rate this past season.”

Here’s the PFF breakdown:

“Tennessee is also paying Ridley as a top-10 wide receiver even though he ranked 45th in PFF receiving grade, 50th in yards per route run and in the top 25 in drop rate this past season.”

If you watch the PFF podcast, they seem to like the move. They called him the best WR available, Jacksonville wanted him back, said he compliments Hopkins well, and is worth more to TN than he is to other teams because of Hopkins and because of the big need.

Reactions: CPA
If you watch the PFF podcast, they seem to like the move. They called him the best WR available, Jacksonville wanted him back, said he compliments Hopkins well, and is worth more to TN than he is to other teams because of Hopkins and because of the big need.

Oh, I agree he’s a good fit. Just didn’t like the $23 per.

Reactions: Vol since 77

VN Store

Back