The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Vrabel’s explanation after the game apparently essentially amounted to:

Over 40 seconds he wouldn’t have gone for it.

Under 40 seconds left, he was planning on going for it.

???
It doesn't matter how much time is left. You have the momentum so take it to OT. Stupid rookie HC mistake

I think the “go for two when it wasn’t needed” part at the end of the game is likely still going to be viewed as the worst thing the offense did all day, though. Especially with when in the game it happened and how much more it effected the game’s outcome.

Yes I'll highly agree a time to gamble and a time not to gamble.

This was kick the extra point so play in Overtime. No logical reason to not have confidence that the Titans defense doesn't defend to get the game in overtime, and no logical reason to not have confidence that the Titans could win in Overtime.

Yes I'll highly agree a time to gamble and a time not to gamble.

This was kick the extra point so play in Overtime. No logical reason to not have confidence that the Titans defense doesn't defend to get the game in overtime, and no logical reason to not have confidence that the Titans could win in Overtime.
I would say it was the right move -- the division is total garbage another loss means nothing

Reactions: TrentVol
I'm ok with the call. Let's say it went to overtime, chargers get the ball rivers throws another 50+ yard touchdown to end the game. Or Titans get the ball and likely kick a field goal, and then Rivers comes out and throws a 50+ yard td on some busted Malcolm Butler coverage.

I would say it was the right move -- the division is total garbage another loss means nothing

Really recovery of a onsides kick is less likely, it's late in the game, and no time outs. That was a remarkable waste of a long drive to get a touchdown since gambled with a 2 point conversion instead of use more likely to succeed extra point.

This makes sense if you are a team desperate because no wins, or haven't been able to stop a team not if the team has shown the ability including 2nd half to stop the other team or contain them to a field goal, along with other team doesn't have a high amount of time to get the football moved into best field goal range.
Sometimes it's obvious the safe choice is best not gambling playing for the win this 1 of those safe choice is the best.

It's still a high degree nonsensical decision even if the division as it's been for the entire decade is garbage or weak sauce.

Really recovery of a onsides kick is less likely, it's late in the game, and no time outs. That was a remarkable waste of a long drive to get a touchdown since gambled with a 2 point conversion instead of use more likely to succeed extra point.

This makes sense if you are a team desperate because no wins, or haven't been able to stop a team not if the team has shown the ability including 2nd half to stop the other team or contain them to a field goal, along with other team doesn't have a high amount of time to get the football moved into best field goal range.
Sometimes it's obvious the safe choice is best not gambling playing for the win this 1 of those safe choice is the best.

It's still a high degree nonsensical decision even if the division as it's been for the entire decade is garbage or weak sauce.
@firestorm -- see end of Saints vs Ravens game

I'm ok with the call. Let's say it went to overtime, chargers get the ball rivers throws another 50+ yard touchdown to end the game. Or Titans get the ball and likely kick a field goal, and then Rivers comes out and throws a 50+ yard td on some busted Malcolm Butler coverage.
It shows that the HC (can never spell his name right) doesn't have confidence in his defense

Reactions: firestorm
2 chances to plow the ball a half yard forward to win. You got Derrick Henry who could fall forward and in with a little push . Or you can sneak mariota if you want . Anything but THROW THE BALL when we have no playmakers, and when the chargers are all over the endzone. It's the final play and you don't have much room to fit the ball with a throw. The 2 passes in a row, especially the 2nd one after getting a break, showed incompetence. Reminded me of Butch offense on the goalline

Well that sucked. Loved the decision to go for it though, just hate that it didn't work out. Not a huge fan of the call either but CML will learn. This team is still building an identity after not having one for going on a decade and frankly, I can get behind the identity of being aggressive and willing to take chances. Bye week coming at a good time.

Reactions: firestorm
Rivers had half of his passing yards on 3 of the completions. The Titans D played better in the second half. I say take the XP and see what your D can do.

It shows that the HC (can never spell his name right) doesn't have confidence in his defense

You can Just use MV his initials.

I'm guessing that Mike feared that the Chargers would as usual make the big play and kick the game winning field goal, and if that didn't happen the long pass touchdown would happen in Overtime besides the whole his gambling decisions have been successful before that 2 point conversion so logically makes sense that he would go with the gambling decision and not the safe decision.
Chargers easily used the long pass touchdown 1st half and 2nd half both 1st possession for the Bolts.

Well That may be the worst ever October 21st in my Life the day before my Birthday.

You can Just use MV his initials.

I'm guessing that Mike feared that the Chargers would as usual make the big play and kick the game winning field goal, and if that didn't happen the long pass touchdown would happen in Overtime besides the whole his gambling decisions have been successful before that 2 point conversion so logically makes sense that he would go with the gambling decision and not the safe decision.
Chargers easily used the long pass touchdown 1st half and 2nd half both 1st possession for the Bolts.

Well That may be the worst ever October 21st in my Life the day before my Birthday.
First happy birthday. Second, then he should have made LaFluer run the ball at the one. I may just still be annoyed at the loss but he's been making horrible decisions. Not to mention he hasn't made one smart challenge.

VN Store

Back