The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Vrabel should get roasted for that...team had all the momentum in the second half and you don’t have to do that with the overtime rules that are now in place where it isn’t sudden death
Exactly.... SD's D was tired and their O had been stifled .... dumb as hell call to go for two.... even dumber play call on the attempt

Reactions: firestorm
So To be exact Possible 3 or 7 points because of a Mariota Int in the 1st Half.

No doubt 3 Points that the Kicker Missed which has no excuse since he's been a Ace from Long Distance had the distance exact not where the Football needed to travel to.
And 2 Long pass Touchdowns 14 points given up by the defense except that really wouldn't be a extreme backbreaker if the Titans had simply scored needed offense points a 2nd Half Missed Field Goal, a possible Field or touchdown that didn't happen because Mariota threw a interception late 1st half.
The team lost because of these dreadful mistakes with that 2 Offense mistakes can be called the worst mainly because in a 1 point loss 3 points makes the difference with a loss or defeat, or a 3rd td or another fg both of which didn't happen because Mariota threw a interception.
Defense did enough to give the Titans a chance to win the game, and Titans offense choked with the big opportunities when needed most in a close game.

A Soul crushing Loss that I really wish I didn't see because like Charlie Brown got my hopes up high really looked like maybe Titans win the game and royally failed in a harrowing worst way possible.

The missed FG was huge. Still in control of the division, oddly enough.

So was that Int by Mariota except undeniably that will be viewed as the worst of mistakes which it is because had the distance just not in the exact needed area.
That was 3 points Titans needed most.

It would be great odds for Titans to make a field goal since it's short range if the Titans had be kept out of the end zone which with Chargers having momentum would be the likely outcome so that int is also dreadful.

Man just saw an ESPN stat saying we've failed on 7 straight 2 point conversions dating back to 2015. Last successful one came back in week 14 of the 2015 season. We've passed on all 2 point tries during that run.

So was that Int by Mariota except undeniably that will be viewed as the worst of mistakes which it is because had the distance just not in the exact needed area.
That was 3 points Titans needed most.

It would be great odds for Titans to make a field goal since it's short range if the Titans had be kept out of the end zone which with Chargers having momentum would be the likely outcome so that int is also dreadful.

I think the “go for two when it wasn’t needed” part at the end of the game is likely still going to be viewed as the worst thing the offense did all day, though. Especially with when in the game it happened and how much more it effected the game’s outcome.

Vrabel getting killed by the CBS crew.

Well Cowher has shown some support since he's admitted after games he's wrong since he made obvious mistakes when he was the Steelers Head Coach except yes that is best because it was abysmal and asinine.
This was a irrefutable obvious situation don't go for 2 take your chances in overtime kick a more likely to be successful extra point.

Rules for Overtime changed, and evidence showed the Titans could stop the Chargers or hold them to a field goal.

Vrabel’s explanation after the game apparently essentially amounted to:

Over 40 seconds he wouldn’t have gone for it.

Under 40 seconds left, he was planning on going for it.

???

Last edited:
Another thing still way to many dropped balls by receivers.

Sharpe dropped one at the two or three yard line on the opening drive.

Then both Taylor & Davis dropped catchable passes in the game. I think both would have been for a 1st downs.

Playcalling has to get better as well. I know the in thing is to blame Mariota but he isn't getting a lot of help from anyone playcalling, O-line, Receivers.

VN Store

Back