The Official Tennessee Titans Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick Byard in "center field" and allow EB to play the hybrid role as he did a lot with TN. Rookie contract + whatever's you pay him, $10mil? a year? And that's fine for safety combo.

Titans could potentially have beaten the two teams in the Super Bowl (Chiefs and Packers). Probably won't turn out that way but still cool to think about

Titans proved themselves this season as not going away anytime soon. Solid football team. They beat playoff teams including the hottest one with GB. Keep improving the roster and let Robinson do his magic.

“I’d love to have a second-round pick,’’ Robinson said. “That is a sweet spot in the draft, those second-round picks. The first-round picks, it is good to have extras of those, too. You get an extra year on the contract, with a fifth-year option that you don’t get on the other rounds.

“If we can navigate and put ourselves in a position to pick up an extra pick, specifically in the second round, we’ve love to do that.”

Titans GM Jon Robinson Likes Team's Draft Position

I really hope the Titans don't use their first pick on a wide receiver. It's way too much money to spend on someone who will not be worth the money the first year. Also it's not a safe pick either. I hope they continue to build their offense and defense from the inside out. Wide receivers don't have as great a role in winning football games in the NFL. Look at the patriots. How many elite WRs do they have. They don't waste draft picks. They build the rosters from the inside out. Guys who play closer to the ball. Titans roster keeps improving each year. I know sometimes you draft based on needs from positions but don't waste high draft picks on players just bc of positional needs. Go get Zack Cunningham. That kid will be an all star. Linebacker has an impact on ever play. Wide receiver maybe gets 8-10 touches a game. The only reason you pick a wide out that high is if he is the next Julio Jones.

Reactions: 1 person
And by no means do I they should draft Cunningham as a top 5 pick but saying they should draft someone like him. A kid you know will work out in the long run and will have an impact on every down.

I just don't think wide receivers are worth the money. Look at the cowboys and des bryant. They can win games without him. They would have been much better off using that cap space on defense. It's too much money too spend on what the team gets in return.

I just don't think wide receivers are worth the money. Look at the cowboys and des bryant. They can win games without him. They would have been much better off using that cap space on defense. It's too much money too spend on what the team gets in return.

Dallas would have never came back from that 21-3 deficit if they didnt have Dez. He pretty much took the game over. Yes you can win games without really good WRs, but its really hard to win championships unless you have a guy like Brady who can make anyone look good.

Reactions: 1 person
Dallas would have never came back from that 21-3 deficit if they didnt have Dez. He pretty much took the game over. Yes you can win games without really good WRs, but its really hard to win championships unless you have a guy like Brady who can make anyone look good.

Bottom line Dallas didn't win the game because their defense wasn't good enough to stop Aaron Rodgers. First three series three touchdowns. Denver and Seattle didn't have any problems winning a championship without elite wide receivers. Defense and good qb play goes a long way in the playoffs.

Bottom line Dallas didn't win the game because their defense wasn't good enough to stop Aaron Rodgers. First three series three touchdowns. Denver and Seattle didn't have any problems winning a championship without elite wide receivers. Defense and good qb play goes a long way in the playoffs.

Well the last defense to "stop" Rodgers was the Redskins. So there's that.

Denver took Demaryius in the first round. He's their highest-paid player in terms of cap hit and Sanders is 6th. I agree with your overall point, I just wouldn't take it as far as you are.

Rodgers has Jordy and Cobb
Ryan has Julio
Big Ben has Brown

The only "odd" team out is the Pats (though Gronk when healthy is as good if not better than a #1 WR).

Rodgers has Jordy and Cobb
Ryan has Julio
Big Ben has Brown

The only "odd" team out is the Pats (though Gronk when healthy is as good if not better than a #1 WR).
Falcons are loaded with talent on offense this year. 2 great running backs plus Sanu has played well. Steelers have a great running game in Bell to go along with Brown. It's kind of amazing that the Packers are doing so well without much of a running game. Bellicheck is a football genius. His eye for talent to fit his system is remarkable. He always does more with less talent at certain positions. It will be interesting when Brady retires to see how well the next qb plays in that system.

Falcons are loaded with talent on offense this year. 2 great running backs plus Sanu has played well. Steelers have a great running game in Bell to go along with Brown. It's kind of amazing that the Packers are doing so well without much of a running game. Bellicheck is a football genius. His eye for talent to fit his system is remarkable. He always does more with less talent at certain positions. It will be interesting when Brady retires to see how well the next qb plays in that system.

Blount is a decent back. Led the league in TDs.

He's pretty average. Edelman and Lewis are probably their best playmakers

LG is a bruiser. He had nearly 1,200 yards. Gronk is their best player behind Brady.

Bennett is a pretty good TE as well. White is a good receiver out of the backfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back