The Official Tennessee Titans Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no doubt in my mind they plan to trade down as many as 10 picks just as Robinson said back in mid-January and updated in a USA Today report on 2/24. Mularkey expects there to be trade partners. If they do they are going for Ramsey or Hargreaves per that report. Tunsil at #1 is the back-up option if they don't get the deal they want. So what I think we may watch for is a trade deal or a FA signing that includes a proven OT. If that happens they are signaling the trade down option is real.

Robiskie/Mularkey and LeBeau know what they want on each side of the ball. Each will get major additions if Robinson pulls this off.

That's where we differ. I don't believe in trade value charts. If you see 2-3 players as being even, then you don't have to get the value that some chart claims you need. If the options are truly equal in your eyes, then take whatever is offered and pick who is left.

That's all well and good, but the top 3 guys are never exactly equal to one another. If you trade down to get someone with a lower likelihood of being elite, and he busts, a couple third round picks aren't going to make you feel any better.

Agreed. I see no one in this class as a can't miss player. The top 10 are very close together in my opinion.

I agree. It would have been nice if an elite quarterback had been in this class. I wouldn't mind Jack, Buckner or Hargreaves, and there will still be some solid choices early in the third if we could get that.

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL
Ben Jones agrees to terms with Titans on four-year deal, according to league source

From a Texans beat writer.

I'm seeing a lot more reports of him signing with the Titans though. Hopefully that's the case. It would be a pretty good pickup IMO. We need help on the OL and he can play multiple positions.

ESPN reports the Tennessee Titans are interested in free-agent WR Rishard Matthews.

eh. A little splash last year but I dont see him as a big upgrade.

Not trying to run down Murray, but he was a cancer in the locker room and he just didn't run really hard during his time in Philly. Part of that was probably due to his issues with Chip, but he clearly wanted out after Chip was gone.

The main problem with Murray in Philly was that he was in the wrong system. He's a much better fit with the Titans.

Reactions: 1 person
Really like what Jon Robinson is doing so far. Not too sure Mularkey will be able to capitalize, but that's another convo altogether. At least the talent is being upgraded - seemingly.

Hope springs eternal.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back