The Official Tennessee @ Kentucky Series Thread (Fri. April 19 6:30PM EST) (Sat. April 20 2PM EST) (Sun. April 21 1PM EST) (All games on SECNET+)

Are you and your father going to be making the trip and are we going to hear a lot of Woooo’s on Sunday?
PSA

there’s no WOOOO! in Rocky Top.

We’re all not drunken sorority girls or bridesmaids in downtown Nashville on a Saturday night

Reactions: dono
They actually do bring up they would rank FSU over us because of non conference schedule strength. I just wanted to know if there was an exact science or do they just use some numbers and debate it like any of us would. I know UK manipulates their RPI numbers and we don’t really worry about it. I just always assumed they use RPI as their main metric but then possibly slide a few teams up or down depending on eye test etc….is that safe to assume sport is it just like hey this is your RPI…therefore that’s your seed.
The more people making decisions (committee) the more they rely on RPI.

Leaving it up to opinion and eye test and any large selection committee works take weeks to make a decision.

If we want to make RPI less important then the committee will need to be no larger than 3 well informed members.

Reactions: volplaya8
The more people making decisions (committee) the more they rely on RPI.

Leaving it up to opinion and eye test and any large selection committee works take weeks to make a decision.

If we want to make RPI less important then the committee will need to be no larger than 3 well informed members.
I just don’t like it manipulated and then factoring in when a top 8-16 seed is going to handle any non top 100 team easily. There is no difference in beating team 100 vs team 200 when you are a top ball club. But RPI says there is.

Reactions: spyfish007
The conference race really begins this weekend.

Let's be honest, the teams at the top of the standings - including Tennessee; have had it relatively easy.

Arkansas MO @AUB LSU OM @AL
Kentucky GA @MO @OM AL @AUB
Tennessee @AL OM GA @AUB LSU

have played very similar conference schedules. They've shared 3 opponents. And ever opponent is shared at least once.

KY has played 1 fewer home series but their road foes have been the weakest opponents. In fact, Kentucky's entire schedule is like this. Compare their road and home schedules

Home: Georgia | Alabama | Tennessee | Arkansas | Vanderbilt (E5 | W4 | E2 | W1 | E3)
Road: Missouri | Ole Miss | Auburn | South Carolina | Florida (E7 | W5 | W7 | E4 | E6)

That Wildcat schedule can be considered the best case scenario schedule. Perhaps if you swapped GA for SC but most would believe Georgia (RPI 10) is better than SC (13)

Unless the wheels fall off in Lexington - and it's happened before to KY and other schools; it will be hard to TN to win the division even if we take 2 of 3 this weekend. UK only has two top tier (RPI top 10) SEC opponents on their schedule and they play both at home and the play all but one (LSU) of the bottom 8 teams in the current conference standings. They play only 1 of the top 3 teams from the west division. That's pretty damn lucky as a few normally strong teams (Florida, Auburn, Ole Miss) on their schedule have decided to basically tank at the same time and are a combined 14-31.

Let's look at the Aggies:

Texas A&M @FL MS AUB @SC VU
@AL GA @LS @OM AR

The aggies lost that opening series to @Florida (back when the Gators still had a pulse, and have only lost twice since. That schedule is tougher than the other three teams but actually gets softer until that last weekend against Arkansas. Like everyone but KY, they actually have only 2 home series remaining

Arkansas has road trips to South Carolina, Kentucky and Texas A&M
Tennessee has to visit Kentucky and Vanderbilt

If Kentucky wins series this weekend, they will likely be favored to win the rest of the SEC series. Even with great pitching, I don't think Arkansas can score enough runs to win in Lexington. They are not a balanced enough team to win against a team that finds ways to score like Kentucky

Reactions: txbo
Are you and your father going to be making the trip and are we going to hear a lot of Woooo’s on Sunday?
I am going Saturday and Sunday. I hope I will be whooing on Sunday. My dad hurt his back last April and is unable to get back to his baseline of tolerating the pain (back and nerve) and able to walk more than a couple yards. So unfortunately, after 3 years of coming to almost every game, Z's grandpa probably will not be able to watch Z in person start on a SEC weekend. He is extremely disappointed. My dad is the one that ran Z everywhere for baseball. Picked up from school, eat, pitching , batting, speed & agility lessons every week, practice, games, etc. Are you going?

I am going Saturday and Sunday. I hope I will be whooing on Sunday. My dad hurt his back last April and is unable to get back to his baseline of tolerating the pain (back and nerve) and able to walk more than a couple yards. So unfortunately, after 3 years of coming to almost every game, Z's grandpa probably will not be able to watch Z in person start on a SEC weekend. He is extremely disappointed. My dad is the one that ran Z everywhere for baseball. Picked up from school, eat, pitching , batting, speed & agility lessons every week, practice, games, etc. Are you going?
I knew he was having some health concerns as you had mentioned but sure hoped he could make it. We will be there all 3 games and looking forward to a great baseball weekend.

The conference race really begins this weekend.

Let's be honest, the teams at the top of the standings - including Tennessee; have had it relatively easy.

Arkansas MO @AUB LSU OM @AL
Kentucky GA @MO @OM AL @AUB
Tennessee @AL OM GA @AUB LSU

have played very similar conference schedules. They've shared 3 opponents. And ever opponent is shared at least once.

KY has played 1 fewer home series but their road foes have been the weakest opponents. In fact, Kentucky's entire schedule is like this. Compare their road and home schedules

Home: Georgia | Alabama | Tennessee | Arkansas | Vanderbilt (E5 | W4 | E2 | W1 | E3)
Road: Missouri | Ole Miss | Auburn | South Carolina | Florida (E7 | W5 | W7 | E4 | E6)

That Wildcat schedule can be considered the best case scenario schedule. Perhaps if you swapped GA for SC but most would believe Georgia (RPI 10) is better than SC (13)

Unless the wheels fall off in Lexington - and it's happened before to KY and other schools; it will be hard to TN to win the division even if we take 2 of 3 this weekend. UK only has two top tier (RPI top 10) SEC opponents on their schedule and they play both at home and the play all but one (LSU) of the bottom 8 teams in the current conference standings. They play only 1 of the top 3 teams from the west division. That's pretty damn lucky as a few normally strong teams (Florida, Auburn, Ole Miss) on their schedule have decided to basically tank at the same time and are a combined 14-31.

Let's look at the Aggies:

Texas A&M @FL MS AUB @SC VU
@AL GA @LS @OM AR

The aggies lost that opening series to @Florida (back when the Gators still had a pulse, and have only lost twice since. That schedule is tougher than the other three teams but actually gets softer until that last weekend against Arkansas. Like everyone but KY, they actually have only 2 home series remaining

Arkansas has road trips to South Carolina, Kentucky and Texas A&M
Tennessee has to visit Kentucky and Vanderbilt

If Kentucky wins series this weekend, they will likely be favored to win the rest of the SEC series. Even with great pitching, I don't think Arkansas can score enough runs to win in Lexington. They are not a balanced enough team to win against a team that finds ways to score like Kentucky
I think we win 5 out of our next 6 games and give Kentucky a run for their money big time. We may not catch them but they still have to prove it to me against top competition week in and week out. If we navigate to 10-5 down the stretch then we may just nab them! I’m so pumped for this weekend man!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Understandable. But you're investing in people and relationships, and that's always the best. Plus...
you get to be outdoors in the Spring? With all that new life popping up through the winter's dead leaves? That's like a 3-dong inning's worth of dopamine spread out over an hour or two!

Besides, we're gonna miss being outdoors when the next pre-election lockdown is declared. And maybe Tennessee will still be playing when it does. Who knows?
(or is it, W.H.O. knows.)
It’s going to be cold here this weekend unfortunately. After we had a nice week in the 70s. Go figure lol.

It’s going to be cold here this weekend unfortunately. After we had a nice week in the 70s. Go figure lol.
Oh dear. That's not spring. Looks like you're going to earn some marriage credit!

I went hiking Tuesday here in Tennessee. 80 degrees but cooler in the shade. On the trail a young couple suddenly appeared around a bend--and she was hiking in a bikini!

:rolleyes: Not really the relaxing image of nature that I wanted bouncing in my head on that long drive home.

I think we win 5 out of our next 6 games and give Kentucky a run for their money big time. We may not catch them but they still have to prove it to me against top competition week in and week out. If we navigate to 10-5 down the stretch then we may just nab them! I’m so pumped for this weekend man!
"It is the eternal mission of all Vol teams to bring high flying Kentucky teams back down to reality."
1713473783355.png

Very sorry to hear about your dad GM. I believe I met him at a game. It’s sad that he may not be able to enjoy Z’s success in person this year. I offer him my best wishes for a swift and complete recovery.

Oh dear. That's not spring. Looks like you're going to earn some marriage credit!

I went hiking Tuesday here in Tennessee. 80 degrees but cooler in the shade. On the trail a young couple suddenly appeared around a bend--and she was hiking in a bikini!

:rolleyes: Not really the relaxing image of nature that I wanted bouncing in my head on that long drive home.
LOL!

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back