The Official Tennessee @ Kentucky Series Thread (Fri. April 19 6:30PM EST) (Sat. April 20 2PM EST) (Sun. April 21 1PM EST) (All games on SECNET+)

Arkansas (32-5 | 12-3) takes the second game from Texas Tech (26-13 | 9-9) 4-5
Two close midweek games.

Arkansas travels east this week.
Hogs vs Chickens sounds like a Dickie's Barbecue combo.

TTU has lost 4 games in a row going 1-2 at TCU and 0-2 at Fayetteville. Raiders had won 8 straight before then

Arkansas jumps 4 spots to #2 in the RPI. Tech jumps 3 spots to 33 despite the 2 losses.

By the way, Tennessee neither lost or gained in RPI after last night as they remain #7. Bellarmine actually went up one spot to #287 as the Knights leapt ahead of Brown Bears. There are only 305 Division 1 teams. So, I'm surprised the Vols did not lose a spot
Are they going solely by RPI for seeding or just heavily weighted toward RPI?

D1 normally has a nerdcast where the talk through the process.

They normally use RPI less than the committee
Yeah..worries me a tad when it comes to staying inside the top 8. Tony can not schedule some of these really bad midweek teams anymore. I’d hate to lose out on a super regional and be ranked 9-10 because of a few scheduled midweek games.

We win 18 SEC games, we are golden.
Yeah I just don’t like straddling that line and would hate it if one bad weekend would cost us a spot or two that we could have avoided by playing a few better midweek games. I just want as many postseason games in LNS as possible. Place should be rocking! I think we can get to 20-10 and then it’s a non discussion. 20-10 is always my goal though…lol

D1 Releases their latest tournament predictions.

Sure this is a mental exercise but it is nice to see where we stand in the national media's eyes

(6) 1 Tennessee
2 Northeastern
3 TCU
4 Niagara

(11) 1 Wake Forest
2 UC Irvine
3 Texas Tech
4 Fresno State

Tell me that super regional game #1 would not be "interesting"

(1) Texas A&M Louisiana | Texas | South Dakota State
(16) West Virginia Virginia Tech | Rutgers | Wright State

(2) Arkansas Oklahoma| Lamar | Little Rock
(15) South Carolina Coastal Carolina | Boston College | USC Upstate (no way SC would win this region)

(3) Clemson Miss State| Kennesaw State| Sacred Heart
(14) Duke Vanderbilt | San Diego | Columbia (The poor Toreros in this Region of Yankee Pretentiousness)

(4) Kentucky Arizona | Ill-Chicago | Bowling Green
(13) Oklahoma State Dallas Baptists | Creighton | Grand Canyon

(5) Florida State Georgia | UCF | Florida A&M
(12) Indiana State Nebraska | Kansas State | Saint Louis

(6) Tennessee Northeastern | TCU | Niagara (Vols played NE in the 93 or 94 Knoxville region- Tom Glavine's brother was on that team_
(11) Wake Forest Irvine | Texas Tech | Fresno State

(7) North Carolina Oregon | Florida | Bryant
(10) Virginia Alabama | Utah | Georgetown

(8) Oregon State UC Santa Barbara | Portland | Army
(9) East Carolina NC State | Southern Miss | Samford (is there an Applebee's in Greenville?)

There's quite a few ACC and SEC schools paired up in supers. Not sure this can be helped as the teams are ranked now.
I saw this on their site and thought they are really not liking us. This means we drops some series, as in multiple.

I have a quiet confidence that we are going to play really well this weekend. Kentucky is facing their biggest test by far. (And Mingione is a douche)

Reactions: Orange.
I’m afraid I’m gonna miss this series. Helping my MIL move into her new place and my husband wants to go hiking. I’m sad.
I’m reading this as your husband is making you help his mom move while he goes hiking instead. In which case, I’m not sure how proud you are of him right now.

D1 normally has a nerdcast where the talk through the process.

They normally use RPI less than the committee
Could you drop a link to that nerdcast…I get the gist of the process but really would love it spelled out. Thanks!

Where do they discuss RPI etc and where they seed teams based on that. So far all I am hearing is them discussing whete they would place teams but not the exact criteria on why teams are seeded in each spot. This is nothing more than a few of us sitting around and discussing where we would place each team based on educated guess.

Where do they discuss RPI etc and where they seed teams based on that. So far all I am hearing is them discussing whete they would place teams but not the exact criteria on why teams are seeded in each spot. This is nothing more than a few of us sitting around and discussing where we would place each team based on educated guess.
I haven’t listened to it yet. Here’s some #s.
1713455214727.png

I haven’t listened to it yet. Here’s some #s.
View attachment 635223
They actually do bring up they would rank FSU over us because of non conference schedule strength. I just wanted to know if there was an exact science or do they just use some numbers and debate it like any of us would. I know UK manipulates their RPI numbers and we don’t really worry about it. I just always assumed they use RPI as their main metric but then possibly slide a few teams up or down depending on eye test etc….is that safe to assume sport is it just like hey this is your RPI…therefore that’s your seed.

I’m afraid I’m gonna miss this series. Helping my MIL move into her new place and my husband wants to go hiking. I’m sad.
Understandable. But you're investing in people and relationships, and that's always the best. Plus...
you get to be outdoors in the Spring? With all that new life popping up through the winter's dead leaves? That's like a 3-dong inning's worth of dopamine spread out over an hour or two!

Besides, we're gonna miss being outdoors when the next pre-election lockdown is declared. And maybe Tennessee will still be playing when it does. Who knows?
(or is it, W.H.O. knows.)

VN Store

Back