The Official Tennessee @ Kentucky Game Thread, 7:00pm ET (1/15/13), ESPN

So he didn't develop C. Lofton and Jajuan Smith?

Jajuan Smith didn't play much as a freshman because of Scooter Mcfadgon. Chris Lofton was a beast as a freshman and you'd probably know that if you'd ever watched Tennessee basketball pre-Bruce Pearl.

Note he never recruited any of the best guards he had here either. Mediocre recruiter.

Got no problem acknowledging that we were better off under Pearl until the NCAA crap hit the fan. I'm only railing against people that act like they don't know why he isn't still here.

I think that's our common ground, agree 100%.:hi:

Also to me it swings the other in those pretending BP wouldn't be getting more from this team.

Just over people saying miss bruce etc.....He's not coming back. Time to move on! Bruce built up Tennessee basketball but tore it down before he left as well

All you guys are so dumb. I'm sorry but get over it. Bruce is gone. What you want, to keep him because your argument is we suck the next three years anyways? You buffoons don't get it. Pearl would have lost all his coaching staff along with the fact he wouldn't be able to recruit. There is no Stokes or Hubbs etc. We would have had to settle for bottom talent that had no business playing in SEC. No one would come here. So, three years of no good players then Pearl is free to recruit wherever. Then, there's another 2-3 years to rebuild the talent back up. That's 5-6 years of losing no questions asked. Bruce isn't Jesus. Yea he did come in here and win off the bat but he also had Lofton, CJ, etc.

Nobody said he should not have been fired, just that he should maybe be brought back if possible

Jajuan Smith didn't play much as a freshman because of Scooter Mcfadgon. Chris Lofton was a beast as a freshman and you'd probably know that if you'd ever watched Tennessee basketball pre-Bruce Pearl.

Note he never recruited any of the best guards he had here either. Mediocre recruiter.

Mediocre recruiter, yet a big time winner. It evens out.

Reactions: 1 person
Referees are not what lost us the game tonight, though they didn't help us much. Anyways, I looked back through the years in TN at Rupp Arena and found an interesting stat: free throw attempts. KY has one of the best home court advantages in the country, and it usually shows. When looking at this chart, though, keep in mind that in a few of those we were playing from behind and fouling at the end of the game. Still, KY gets a nice little point curve just by their free throws in home games:

Year TN: UK:
2013: 17 31
2012: 7 27
2011: 16 18
2010: 23 19
2009: 24 17
2008: 21 28
2007: 10 13
2006: 17 15
2005: 4 19
2004: 22 26
2003: 12 29
2002: 11 27
Total 184 269

*Average of 7.1 more free throws by KY per game.

Last edited:
Pearl was a fool for not squashing that thing instantly... The guy had Tennessee basketball on the map though.. Now we're back to hoping for NIT bids..

I think that's our common ground, agree 100%.:hi:

Also to me it swings the other in those pretending BP wouldn't be getting more from this team.

The problem with that is Pearl was famous for a half court offense that resembled Walmart on Black Friday, poor PG play and a lack of shooters after Lofton and Smith left. Sound familiar?

I did watch pre-Bruce but a lot of people didn't, Bruce gave people a reason to care about our bball team. CCM is bringing them back to pre-Bruce.

Actually it is the other way around. Those criticizing him want Pearl back.

I would love to have Pearl back but not any more then I would want any other good coach. CCM is by all accounts a great guy but he is not an SEC level coach.

Like McBee, Hall, and Golden, right?

Met John Jenkins HS coach Saturday night in Bowling Green, told me that Pearl never recruited him. Jenkins grew up a UT fan he said and would've committed on the spot and the coach even called Pearl asking if an offer was ever coming. He was told Pearl was waiting to see what happened with Leslie McDonald and if they missed then Jenkins gets an offer, but Jenkins wasn't going to wait. Mind baffling situation.

VN Store

Back