The Official Tennessee @ Kentucky Game Thread, 7:00pm ET (1/15/13), ESPN

I agree the dude screwed up but it makes no sense to bash Pearl for CCM's obvious shortcomings as a coach.

This roster is a direct reflection of Pearl's shoddy recruiting.

The scary thing is it would have been worse if Pearl had stayed.

I think so too. It's clearly a widespread illness. From now on I'm not even going to point out the obvious facts. I'm just going to reference Pearlnesia and move on.

What obvious facts?? That UT Bball hadn't made a tournament in the 5 years before Pearl came, made 6 straight under Pearl, then missed out the year after he was fired and appear to be headed for the same fate this year?

Don't get me wrong I like and pull for Martin..I think he needs to be given next year. But Pearlnesia seems to apply more to those who deny how good and relevant the program was under his direction. Something it wasn't for a while before him and hasn't been since him.

What obvious facts?? That UT Bball hadn't made a tournament in the 5 years before Pearl came, made 6 straight under Pearl, then missed out the year after he was fired and appear to be headed for the same fate this year?

Don't get me wrong I like and pull for Martin..I think he needs to be given next year. But Pearlnesia seems to apply more to those who deny how good and relevant the program was under his direction. Something it wasn't for a while before him and hasn't been since him.

Give it up, to these guy Martin is the second coming of coach k.

What do u think Pearl could do with this team...we can't shut, and hell Pearl never had a defensive team, we just outscored people...u can't score if a walk on if your best pure shooter...

you must not of watched Pearls 1st 3 years ? thats how they won games.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, It wasn't as piss poor as I thought it would be but that is because Ky's best player is a ref. lol

Sucks how Martin has turned our best player into a bumbling boob in just one year.

Up until the great Pearlgate cookout, our head ball coach made his players better. :(

Reactions: 1 person
What I don't understand is the Pearl comparison. Pearl was great! But why compare? He put us in a bad spot and he ain't coming back. The Pearl argument is not relevant to our situation. Lets move on.

What I don't understand is the Pearl comparison. Pearl was great! But why compare? He put us in a bad spot and he ain't coming back. The Pearl argument is not relevant to our situation. Lets move on.

Because the CCM apologists have to blame someone

People forget that pearl beat more than one #1 ranked teams with inferior talent. Even had Tennessee #1 despite how long that lasted. Do any of you believe that CCM will ever lead Tennessee to a #1 ranking, or beat a #1 team for that matter?

Reactions: 3 people

Got no problem acknowledging that we were better off under Pearl until the NCAA crap hit the fan. I'm only railing against people that act like they don't know why he isn't still here.

Well, It wasn't as piss poor as I thought it would be but that is because Ky's best player is a ref. lol

Sucks how Martin has turned our best player into a bumbling boob in just one year.

Up until the great Pearlgate cookout, our head ball coach made his players better. :(

yeah bc Scotty Hopson was awesome

Give it up, to these guy Martin is the second coming of coach k.

Its the same fans that thought dools needed just one more year.. face it ccm hasn't us any great coaching skills.. average with average talent n u get average at best results.. ut ad depth should be cleaned out...

Got no problem acknowledging that we were better off under Pearl until the NCAA crap hit the fan. I'm only railing against people that act like they don't know why he isn't still here.

We agree on that. It's just gotten to Martin vs. Pearl and I really don't see why. I won't lie I do wish he was still here but I understand he isn't. I don't understand the divide.

Edit: I understand WHY he isn't

Pearl>Martin .. impossible for anyone to dispute this

All you guys are so dumb. I'm sorry but get over it. Bruce is gone. What you want, to keep him because your argument is we suck the next three years anyways? You buffoons don't get it. Pearl would have lost all his coaching staff along with the fact he wouldn't be able to recruit. There is no Stokes or Hubbs etc. We would have had to settle for bottom talent that had no business playing in SEC. No one would come here. So, three years of no good players then Pearl is free to recruit wherever. Then, there's another 2-3 years to rebuild the talent back up. That's 5-6 years of losing no questions asked. Bruce isn't Jesus. Yea he did come in here and win off the bat but he also had Lofton, CJ, etc.

VN Store

Back