The Official Tennessee @ Florida Series Thread (Fri. May 3rd Game 1 3PM EST, Game 2 after SECNET+) (Sat. May 4th 6:30PM EST SECNET+)

That’s the point. Act like you have, 1. Seen a baseball before in your life. 2. Stay out of the field of play. Ya wanna catch a ball in your mitt, stand on the other side of the wall. It wasn’t like he was a kid.
Exactly! I’ve been fortunate to be on the porch at LNS and see a few, very up close and personal plays at the wall!
#1 that ball is coming at me like a freaking scud missile and I don’t want no part of it! I’m a middle aged, out of shape dad, with a miller lite in his hand, not a D1 baseball player!
#2 I don’t want to be THAT guy, that screws up the baseball game, for either team.
#3 we are typically surrounded by kids, including my own 2 sons, as a grown man(hypothetically), I’m not going to rob a kid of the thrill of getting a homerun ball.
I’m getting out of the way, letting it bounce wherever and watching the kids have a blast chasing it down...with a cold miller lite in my hand!😎

Last edited:
Feels like our guys are going through a phase right now where we only have 3-4 who are seeing the ball. Teams have figured out that we struggle hitting breaking balls and change ups. Our two strike approach needs to be better, shorten up and try to put it in play. Florida really tried to give us game two, but we couldn’t get the clutch hit with RISP. Today is a new day, a series win given the funk we’re in would be incredible. Only able to listen to Wilkerson for both games due to travel. He was really taken aback by the number of strikeouts that Florida pitching was able to get in both games.

Guess it's gonna be Zane vs Caglianone today. Outside of Mizzou, no one has really gone off on Cags. Can't depend on the long ball. Gonna have to try and manufacture some runs in this one and hope our pitching is up to the task. Tall order today.
I Thought our pitching was on point in both games yesterday. Defense let us down a bit in the nightcap. Wouldn’t have mattered if our bats were popping tho.

Reactions: BradentonVol
Vols had opps in second game to plate a run in the first inning. Made a costly error at third in the 8th inning. Little details help ya win or lose close games. Better luck today Vols. Win the series.

Everyone(not you, all of us in general) is freaking out about our bats, wanting to “sit this guy and bench that guy”
I have never seen a baseball player “sit” his way out of a funk.
You have to let these guys play their way out of it and hope like heck they do, or...god forbid, you call in the big gun...Volstyle’s sister!!
Having Tears in the lineup completely changes everything imo. We have 5 top shelf bats whenever he is in the lineup. 6-9 hitters have to hope and pray they put the barrel to the ball. We went from averaging 10 runs/gm to struggling to score 5 in a game. Sometimes the other guys might need a day off to reset and refocus because they get too much into their own head.

Having Tears in the lineup completely changes everything imo. We have 5 top shelf bats whenever he is in the lineup. 6-9 hitters have to hope and pray they put the barrel to the ball. We went from averaging 10 runs/gm to struggling to score 5 in a game. Sometimes the other guys might need a day off to reset and refocus because they get too much into their own head.
I’m concerned about Tears’ physical condition. Hope he gets to 100% for the stretch run this season.

The Caglione/Seachrist matchup concerns me, combined with our lack of hitting here recently. Of course, we have the bats for the hitting to come back around again. Hopefully, they will in the rubber match.

Last edited:
Everyone(not you, all of us in general) is freaking out about our bats, wanting to “sit this guy and bench that guy”
You have to let these guys play their way out of it and hope like heck they do, or...god forbid, you call in the big gun...Volstyle’s sister!!
AHHHHhhhhhhhh!

You won't even post her name out of fear she will appear! That is AWESOME!

Reactions: Orange.
Yet another reason why we need the automatic ball/strike system in place as quickly as possible.
Absolutely no reason not to have this in place.

No reason to allow instant replay to "get it right" without allowing tech to call balls and strikes. Minor league has been doing it a while; I haven't heard complaints about it. Why not remove human error and let the players decide. Umps, generally, suck. Even the ones that want to get it right. They miss calls, I get that, the point is, we don't have to have those missed calls, so why is it allowed? It certainly doesn't *add* to the game.

I've watched MLB players that were in a hitting slump taking out of lineup for 1 game.

It happens more than you think but what do I know I just started watching baseball 3 days ago.

VN Store

Back