The Official Tennessee @ Florida Series Thread (Fri. May 3rd Game 1 3PM EST, Game 2 after SECNET+) (Sat. May 4th 6:30PM EST SECNET+)

As cold as KT's bat has been lately, I might have tried PH someone else. Especially since he's banged up.

Reactions: Ernest T. Vol
Full game back of Arkansas for the 1 seed. 0.5 game back from Kentucky. Hopefully the LSU-A&M score holds true. Hoping for a Vols series win tomorrow and Arkansas-Kentucky to split their remaining 2 games. Would be awesome to come out of this weekend tied for the 1 seed with 6 left to play.

Tough night , we have seen a steady diet of off speed the last two weeks , we need to make adjustments , the ump wasn’t very good giving high strikes all night , we got rang up several times on bad pitches , funny the crew chief if the worst one of the bunch behind the plate

3 of our 9 losses now are with Jeff Head behind home plate. Just a small factoid lol
He’s atrocious behind the plate. Tony undressed him in 2019 at Hoover when he lost track of balls and strikes and had to go to replay to determine that we did in fact earn a walk. He’s likely not forgotten that; clearly I haven’t lol.

Tough night , we have seen a steady diet of off speed the last two weeks , we need to make adjustments , the ump wasn’t very good giving high strikes all night , we got rang up several times on bad pitches , funny the crew chief if the worst one of the bunch behind the plate
Well, let’s hope the guy tomorrow is better!

Frustrating 15 min.

Preds lose again by giving up a goal late in game and then my Vols lose. I thought this would be a weekend sweep.

Oh well. Win tomorrow and take the series.

Thanks for the game thread!

I put it in bold, italics, bigger font and even gave it a blood red color so you guys can stop acting like I said something I never did.
Except that you keep saying Baum Walker is bigger- it’s bigger by 10 feet straight away. The lines are the SAME. They’ve also hit 60 less HR’s than us.

Vandy’s is 310 down the left field line- 10 feet shorter than ours. It’s 10 feet further down right field.

Akabama’s field is literally the same exact dimensions as ours. Auburn has the high left field wall at 315 and shorter in center. Florida’s is 6 feet further down left, and one foot further down right. It’s not like ours is so much smaller.

Reactions: patrick and txbo
I don’t recall. I umpired many years ago but that was before reviews or challenges. I think the end result would have been a double play regardless.
I don’t think a double play can be assumed. I’m pretty sure you actually have to make the double play. The ump can’t say “well, he would have thrown him out anyway.” On that play, the ball was not caught and the batter was not thrown out at 1st. We missed an opportunity to review that one. Maybe there’s some strange rule about that kind of play not being reviewable?

VN Store

Back