The Official Tennessee @ Florida Series Thread (Fri. May 3rd Game 1 3PM EST, Game 2 after SECNET+) (Sat. May 4th 6:30PM EST SECNET+)

If we hadn’t lost to Lipscomb, I think we would clearly be #1. 2-2 just feels weird to move to the top spot, but I realize the top teams lost too. The most important thing is that we just get back to consistent hitting.

Reactions: theroyz71
If we hadn’t lost to Lipscomb, I think we would clearly be #1. 2-2 just feels weird to move to the top spot, but I realize the top teams lost too. The most important thing is that we just get back to consistent hitting.
Nobody in the ranking system will give a damn about a midweek lose to Lipscomb a few day before another SEC road series win.

But if it does keep us out of the number 1 spot great. I hope we lose to Queens before embarrassing Candy next weekend If it keeps us out of the top spot.

Not imo. Arkansas still has Mississippi State and A&M (2nd/3rd teams in the West) so they are bound to drop some more games. Kentucky gets the 5th/6th best teams in the East to finish (Florida and Vanderbilt). If we want to win the East outright then we have to play 2 games better than Kentucky. We could go 4-2 and them go 3-3 and we still tie. Yeah we would own the tiebreaker but I don’t want to be “co-anything” with them. I want to win outright.
So there isn't an outright tiebreaker in the regular season?

Reactions: VolPack22
After dropping 2 to Ky?
Yeah I think our lose to Lipscomb outweighs those two losses because their rubber match was within a few runs. Number 2 team losing 2 games on the road to the 8th ranked team is better than losing to lipscomb at home and another loss to an unranked bubble team. Objectively, that’s how I would vote it.

Reactions: Vtonerider
He turns 20 in October…he has to turn 21 before the draft next year so I think we have him for a full 3 years regardless!
Curley is draft eligible next year. Antiqua isn’t. I think the other poster was referring to Curley. Y’all were both right but were just talking about different players.

Reactions: volplaya8
Yeah I think our lose to Lipscomb outweighs those two losses because their rubber match was within a few runs. Number 2 team losing 2 games on the road to the 8th ranked team is better than losing to lipscomb at home and another loss to an unranked bubble team. Objectively, that’s how I would vote it.

I get your point, but, the reason top teams drop midweeks is they are playing alot of backups and getting non weekend pitchers work

Reactions: VolPack22

VN Store

Back