The Official Tennessee @ Florida Series Thread (Fri. May 3rd Game 1 3PM EST, Game 2 after SECNET+) (Sat. May 4th 6:30PM EST SECNET+)

I don’t see them losing to Vandy at home. Their pitching is well above average and Vandy’s offense is putrid on the road.
Really the best hope is for Florida to get mad and go sweep them. They are fighting for their tournament lives after all. Vanderbilt has been swept 3 times this year. I don’t trust them to win any more than 1 game against Kentucky. Even winning that 1 would be monumental.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and txbo
Best thing for Vols will be for A&M to win today and hold on to first.

Kentucky’s talent and coaching is not a threat.

Arkansas’s offense is as limited as at suspected and their pitching advantage has disappeared on occasion.

A&M and Tennessee are the most talented and balanced teams in the SEC. Tennessee is on the rise as the they have increasing confidence on the entire pitching staff.

Our 1 or 2 holes in the batting order are actually “normal” for baseball teams at every level. We were simply spoiled the last 3 seasons with our depth. Most teams would kill for our 1-9. Our #9 hitter is better than most SEC teams’ 4,5, or 6 hitters.

The Vols have the real opportunity to kill the sickly Vanderbilt “dynasty” next week.

Hogs and Aggies both avoided sweeps on the road in the SEC.

They can’t drop very far. When I look down the ranking, It’s Hogs, Aggies, Vols and Wildcats.You could make a case for any to be number 1…..and then there is the rest.

Hogs and Aggies both avoided sweeps on the road in the SEC.

They can’t drop very far. When I look down the ranking, It’s Hogs, Aggies, Vols and Wildcats.You could make a case for any to be number 1…..and then there is the rest.
Besides us, Kentucky and Georgia are who I’d want to avoid in the post season, they can score some runs

I wouldn’t mind seeing a little bit of chaos next weekend. Would setup a crazy final weekend and more than half the series would have conference championship implications.

Tennessee wins 2/3 at Vanderbilt
Florida wins 2/3 at Kentucky
Mississippi State wins 2/3 at Arkansas
Texas A&M wins 2/3 at Ole Miss
South Carolina sweeps vs Georgia

Tennessee 19-8
Kentucky 19-8
Arkansas 18-9
Texas A&M 18-9
Mississippi State 16-11
South Carolina 16-11

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Besides us, Kentucky and Georgia are who I’d want to avoid in the post season, they can score some runs
Agree. I’m very interested in how UGA finishes the season. They could easily be a top 8 team if the stay on a run. They look like that middle of the SEC pack that ends up winning it all.

Best thing for Vols will be for A&M to win today and hold on to first.

Kentucky’s talent and coaching is not a threat.

Arkansas’s offense is as limited as at suspected and their pitching advantage has disappeared on occasion.

A&M and Tennessee are the most talented and balanced teams in the SEC. Tennessee is on the rise as the they have increasing confidence on the entire pitching staff.

Our 1 or 2 holes in the batting order are actually “normal” for baseball teams at every level. We were simply spoiled the last 3 seasons with our depth. Most teams would kill for our 1-9. Our #9 hitter is better than most SEC teams’ 4,5, or 6 hitters.

The Vols have the real opportunity to kill the sickly Vanderbilt “dynasty” next week.

I have seen them all. Best team in college baseball is Tennessee. Now go win it all!

Reactions: chuckiepoo and txbo
They took game 1 from Lipscomb and…we lost to Lipscomb. I can’t think of a worse scenario. Become #1, and lose a midweek game to a team most people have never heard of.
LOL. We still need a full week of hate for F Vandy. Let the freaking bat girls get their ABs against Queens for all I care. Spend the week concentrating on embarassing Candy.

LOL. We still need a full week of hate for F Vandy. Let the freaking bat girls get their ABs against Queens for all I care. Spend the week concentrating on embarassing Candy.

We shouldn’t have to spend a minute of a day hating those mofos…that ish comes natural. It’s the looking ahead that worries me.

Since we own the tie breaker v Ky, the series win over AR is good...right?
Not imo. Arkansas still has Mississippi State and A&M (2nd/3rd teams in the West) so they are bound to drop some more games. Kentucky gets the 5th/6th best teams in the East to finish (Florida and Vanderbilt). If we want to win the East outright then we have to play 2 games better than Kentucky. We could go 4-2 and them go 3-3 and we still tie. Yeah we would own the tiebreaker but I don’t want to be “co-anything” with them. I want to win outright.

I think Tennessee will stay 3. Went 2-2 for the week
I will be very, very surprised if this happens. Kendall Rogers already confirmed that A&M won’t be #1 in D1’s rankings tomorrow. He tagged the Arkansas and Tennessee team accounts to get the discussion going, meaning both are being considered.

We are constantly told that midweek games don’t mean much of anything, and that was literally the first midweek game we’ve lost all season. Nobody is giving it any weight. We also secured a road series win in dominant fashion, and Arkansas lost a series on the road to a team that (you guessed it) we beat in the exact same scenario a few weeks ago. A&M lost a series to a team we swept that is currently not a lock for the postseason.

So, what I would LIKE to happen is for Arkansas to get bumped to #1 with advanced statistics being the justification so we don’t have that weight on our shoulders. I’m afraid we’re going to get the designation, though, since we haven’t lost an SEC series in quite a long time. I also can’t see us staying behind A&M when they have a worse conference record now and lost to a subpar LSU team.

I will be very, very surprised if this happens. Kendall Rogers already confirmed that A&M won’t be #1 in D1’s rankings tomorrow. He tagged the Arkansas and Tennessee team accounts to get the discussion going, meaning both are being considered.

We are constantly told that midweek games don’t mean much of anything, and that was literally the first midweek game we’ve lost all season. Nobody is giving it any weight. We also secured a road series win in dominant fashion, and Arkansas lost a series on the road to a team that (you guessed it) we beat in the exact same scenario a few weeks ago. A&M lost a series to a team we swept that is currently not a lock for the postseason.

So, what I would LIKE to happen is for Arkansas to get bumped to #1 with advanced statistics being the justification so we don’t have that weight on our shoulders. I’m afraid we’re going to get the designation, though, since we haven’t lost an SEC series in quite a long time. I also can’t see us staying behind A&M when they have a worse conference record now and lost to a subpar LSU team.
I don’t think we can avoid the number 1 spot tomorrow. Also think you have to move UK up after taking down the number 2.

VN Store

Back