The Official Tennessee @ Alabama Game Thread, 1:00pm ET, ESPN2

It's frustrating, but I'm not gonna throw a hissy fit about it.

Doesn't change a thing in regards of my support for the team.

And it never should.

The only thing I will admit is it's becoming way too easy to accept losses, in both football and basketball. A few years ago the losses in football and a loss like today in basketball would have ruined my day; now I'm just kinda indifferent.

Granted I shouldn't let a game ruin my day regardless, but like I said, I'm accepting it too easily now.

On the hot seat with the situation he came in to is completely idiotic but I suppose understandable considering the history of our fanbase. We were picked bottom of the SEC and finished 2nd last year with that roster. We're playing without our best player the entire season and probably our second best player is currently playing hurt.

He's not on the hot seat.

But he needs to make the NCAAT next season barring any catastrophic circumstances.

And it never should.

The only thing I will admit is it's becoming way too easy to accept losses, in both football and basketball. A few years ago the losses in football and a loss like today in basketball would have ruined my day; now I'm just kinda indifferent.

Granted I shouldn't let a game ruin my day regardless, but like I said, I'm accepting it too easily now.

I feel the same way. Its as though my five years here at UT will only make me accept losing easier, because there sure hasn't been much winning to celebrate..

With every loss piling up, Martin is putting himself into a make or break season next year.

Winning on the road in the SEC is not easy, but make no mistake folks, this Bama team is not good. They've lost to Mercer among others at home. If we can't beat them at home in a few weeks, might as well throw in the towel. This team has zero leadership with Maymon not on the floor.

This team sucks, and the coaching is even worse...Bring back Pearl!

I'm going to keep calling out every idiot that says "Bring back Pearl", because HE'S NOT EVER COMING BACK!

Does your kind even remotely understand the circumstances on why he's gone?

Reactions: 1 person
And it never should.

Severely bums me out too

I don't think Martin should be on the hot seat this season, but his seat will be on fire unless UT makes the tournament next season.

CCM has had a chance to get him a PG whether it be JUCO or high school. It's on him.

Now that I agree with, however, many have argued that CCM inherited better talent than Pearl. CCM's PG recruiting has been bad, but he inherited Golden, Tatum, McRae, and McBee who are not as good as Watson and Lofton. Richardson was a good recruit but not a PG.

Pearl could recruit. Martin hasn't shown that ability. Sure he's gotten two great ones but it has fallen off after that.

And it never should.

Totally agree. Football was the worse for me this year than ever as a fan. When we lost to USC at end with the lost fumble, I didn't really care. I would have been distraught 10 years ago.

They'd be ineligible for tournament play.

People need to get over Pearl. I forgot winning is more important then having some integrity. You lie about serious situations you get punished. Pearl may love UT but he alone tanked us because he felt above the law. I will never forget when I saw our basketball team with Pearl at the football game one time and Steven was wasted so bad he was acting like a total buffoon. You have to represent UT with some respect. I'm all for having a great time but do it with some respect for yourself and UT. Pearl IMO had a discipline problem and it got him fired at the end of the day. Get over it and move on.

Totally agree. Football was the worse for me this year than ever as a fan. When we lost to USC at end with the lost fumble, I didn't really care. I would have been distraught 10 years ago.

I walked out of Neyland after the Missouri fiasco and I literally could only laugh. I tried to get mad but I simply couldn't.

I'm going to keep calling out every idiot that says "Bring back Pearl", because HE'S NOT EVER COMING BACK!

Does your kind even remotely understand the circumstances on why he's gone?

I agree with this but I think Pearl got the death penalty for shop lifting. Things would have turned out different with a strong AD. Hamilton basically told the AA "tell us what you want us to do". A strong AD would have told the AA to gth.

Reactions: 1 person
On the hot seat with the situation he came in to is completely idiotic but I suppose understandable considering the history of our fanbase. We were picked bottom of the SEC and finished 2nd last year with that roster. We're playing without our best player the entire season and probably our second best player is currently playing hurt.

He was a lot like Dooley. The situation they took over may or may not be something bad. Hart did not hire them and he kicked one to the curb. What makes you think he won't do it to Martin? Martin hasnt done anything to show he can cut it here. How can you say he over achieved last year when he didn't make the tourney?

VN Store

Back