The Official PlayStation 5 Thread

Yeah. I'm a sucker for a new pro controller. lol

Sony doing a lot of playing catch up lately: pro controller, 1440p, Discord. All much needed additions.
They shutting the door before MS can fully kick it in. MS needs games though, and need them in a hurry.

FcJbkbsXEAE_R4e

Sony has announced they will be doing a showcase next Wednesday, 05/24/2023.

a62ad720f6b7ca4d66e8597d3873345e16129ba4-scaled.jpg

pslogo-avatar.jpg

Sid Shuman (he/him)Senior Director, SIE Content Communications
It’s almost time to see what’s next — PlayStation Showcase broadcasts live next Wednesday, May 24 at 1pm Pacific Time / 9pm British Time.
The show will run a bit over an hour, focusing on PS5 and PS VR2 games in development from top studios from around the world. Expect a glimpse at several new creations from PlayStation Studios, as well as spellbinding games from our third-party partners and indie creators.
The live broadcast starts next Wednesday, May 24 at 1pm Pacific Time / 9pm British Time on YouTube and Twitch. Hope to see you there!

Regarding the PS portal player, I don't understand why in 2023, companies must continue to skimp out on using OLED panels and opt for LCD. It's not like it's new tech anymore. OLED has been around now for over 10 years. It should be so ubiquitous by now that any price difference between OLED and LCD should be negligible. I'm hearing the next Switch system is going back to LCD as well. WTF?? That will feel like a downgrade compared to the Switch OLED.

Regarding the PS portal player, I don't understand why in 2023, companies must continue to skimp out on using OLED panels and opt for LCD. It's not like it's new tech anymore. OLED has been around now for over 10 years. It should be so ubiquitous by now that any price difference between OLED and LCD should be negligible. I'm hearing the next Switch system is going back to LCD as well. WTF?? That will feel like a downgrade compared to the Switch OLED.
Because it is, in fact, a lot cheaper to go LCD.

Because it is, in fact, a lot cheaper to go LCD.
But why? What dictates that? 10 years ago I could buy that excuse but OLED is old tech now. Manufacturing costs of OLED panels should be cheap enough now where any differences should be negligible. Is it just some arbitrary, artificially inflated cost because OLED is still the superior display tech? Are you telling me that in 10+ years, companies have made no headway in making it cheap to make these panels?

But why? What dictates that? 10 years ago I could buy that excuse but OLED is old tech now. Manufacturing costs of OLED panels should be cheap enough now where any differences should be negligible. Is it just some arbitrary, artificially inflated cost because OLED is still the superior display tech? Are you telling me that in 10+ years, companies have made no headway in making it cheap to make these panels?
No idea, but look up LCD TV’s vs OLED TV’s. It’s radically cheaper to get an LCD

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
No idea, but look up LCD TV’s vs OLED TV’s. It’s radically cheaper to get an LCD
Oh yeah I'm very well aware. I'm just finding it hard to understand why that's still the case in 2023. AFAIC, OLED should be the standard display tech now at ALL price points. It's so much better than LCD in every way.

VN Store

Back