The Official New York Yankees Thread

John Cruz is a pretty good prospect to trade for Berti, tbh. I don’t love that but the Yankees are usually good about not trading prospects that will come back to bite them though

John Cruz is a pretty good prospect to trade for Berti, tbh. I don’t love that but the Yankees are usually good about not trading prospects that will come back to bite them though
It's not the prospect. It's the s****y player they traded for. You trade a 19 YO for a 34 YO washed up dude. Not smart. Basically DJ 2.0 but the Chinese version.

It's not the prospect. It's the s****y player they traded for. You trade a 19 YO for a 34 YO washed up dude. Not smart. Basically DJ 2.0 but the Chinese version.
I’m fine getting Berti, Oswaldo Cabrera shouldn’t be a starter. Berti isn’t as good as DJ but he’s one of the faster players in baseball

I’m fine getting Berti, Oswaldo Cabrera shouldn’t be a starter. Berti isn’t as good as DJ but he’s one of the faster players in baseball
He’s not terrible.

He’s put up 2.5 WAR each of the last 2 seasons only playing ~120 games.
He’s also a plus defender at 3B with a 15 UZR and 5 DRS last season.
In addition to his speed he hit .290 with a .340 obp last year.

He ain’t sexy. But maybe they get something out of him 🤷‍♀️

Hope I’m wrong but this is going to age like you complaining about Cole all those times. You realize a .574 OPS is worse than Donaldson/Gallo/Hicks right?
If he stays this hot for the first month of the season, and then retreats back to his historic mediocrity - I’ll gladly take it.

Reactions: NashVol11

VN Store

Back