The Official New York Yankees Thread

Doesn't matter. We're officially snake bitten thiss season. Thru 6.1 Hughes has a no hitter and then tweaks his hammy and comes out of the game. This is such bull

I was looking at the box score and thought "Wow, I can't believe Torre actually held him to a reasonble pitch count for a 20-yr-old when he had a no hitter going." Oops.

Hughes out 4-6 weeks with a strained hammy.

Did the entire teams bus drive under a ladder or break a mirror during spring training?

So far, those to hit the DL include: Johnny Damon, Hideki Matsui, Carl Pavano, Mike Mussina, Jeff Karstens (twice), Chien Ming Wang, and Philip Hughes.

This is terribly unfortunate because I really liked Hughes' look and demeanor out there. We need some damned youth out there; some fire. But every time the embers spark, someone is always there to douse it with water.

Torre didn't suddenly get stupid; you can't win without pitching. And Cashman is the one at whom you have to point the finger of blame for there being no pitching.

I assume that the Yankees' run of bad luck cannot possibly continue because, well, they're the Yankees, but if they're still below .500 in a few weeks, it'll be interesting to see if Torre and/or Cashman keep their jobs.

No one is to blame for there being a lack of pitching. Look at the names I posted who were on the DL already. 5 starters have been placed there, and currently 4 of them are there. We'd have enough if everybody wasn't headed for the damn hospital after every game.

This is from Newsday this morning:

But the four hamstring injuries have led to concerns that there could be a common link. Possibilities are the new director of performance enhancement Marty Miller and assistant for performance enhancement Dana Cavalea.

"You get concerned about it, no doubt about it, and try to figure out if there's any connection," Cashman said. "Some are more so explainable than others, but obviously, we have to look into everything. I'm not saying, I can't tell you it's coming from the conditioning program at all, I can't tell you that. But you have to investigate every aspect at the same time, and I have done that. Up until this one, I felt like there were explanations for every one."

Mussina, asked about a possible connection to the new strength and conditioning staff, said: "I think that question's already been raised."

But has it been answered?

"I don't know if it's been answered, and I'm not going to be the one to answer it," Mussina said.

But I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

Didn't they start 11-19 a couplefew years ago? Mussina will come back, their bats will catch fire and they'll score 10 runs a game over a stretch and be OK.

No one is to blame for there being a lack of pitching. Look at the names I posted who were on the DL already. 5 starters have been placed there, and currently 4 of them are there. We'd have enough if everybody wasn't headed for the damn hospital after every game.

Carl Pavano has spent his whole career hurt. Mussina is 75 years old. Sanchez is a prospect who's never thrown more than 120 innings in a year because of various injuries, and Karstens has been hurt several times before too.

I'm not saying that the Yankees haven't been brutally unlucky with injuries so far this year, but when you start the year with a bunch of guys in the rotation who have historically been hurt a lot, this kind of implosion is a real possibility.

VN Store

Back