The Official New York Yankees Thread

Have they started the construction on the new stadium? I will miss the original but the new one likes like it will be amazing!

Don't they move into it in '09?

They broke ground last year. Yeah, its going to be ready for the 09 season. 2008 All-Star game in the Old Yankee Stadium.

Moose (Hammy) and Pavano (Forearm) placed on the DL today.

Pavano's a bum.

Yankees Lose 5-4 On A 3 Run Bomb By Marco Scutaro. Mariano Riveria Takes The Loss On A Blown Save. Go A's!!!!

Well, ESPN names two players, one just called up, the other who is a strong possiblility, and neither is Phiilip Huges. Since it is so early, I don't think Torre wants t bring him up right now.

That being said, the Yanks brought Robinson Cano up early and it did wonders. However, Cano wasn't a top prospect, nor was he a pitcher. They'll probably bring up a vet before Hughes.

6-6 now. Big game for the Yankees, winning against a solid team when starting a rookie freshly called up.

Let's see what Kei Igawa can do tomorrow night on ESPN2 at 7

6-2 Yankees in the 4th after a big 5 run 3rd for NY. Jake Sowers (former Vandy pitcher) was chased after 2 1/3 innings, giving up all 6 runs and 8 hits.

Igawa has pitched into some jams but pitching pretty well. Abreu, A-Rod, Giambi, Posada, Phelps, and Damon each with 1 RBI.

Back-to-back jacks.

Giambi.

It's a homer, Simpson, because the pitcher just went doh!
-Kenny Maine

Every home run he hits now will bring him that much closer to Bonds in 2014. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

I stinking cannot stand any aspect of the yankees. Friggin monopoly...but yet they still manage not to win it here lately..mmm...I work with a guy that grew up in the Bronx and thinks the Yankees could beat Jesus himself...Drives me nuts

Philip Hughes is starting Thursday.

Saw that. I figured it was inevitable.

As a Yankees fan, you should be rooting for him to be fairly effective but not spectacular. If he's great, Torre will ride his arm as long as he can, and you don't want that. A young pitcher like that REALLY needs to have a limit of 80-90 pitches maximum, and given the Yankees' bullpen situation, I can't see Torre reining him in at all if he's good. If Hughes goes out there and starts going 8 innings and 120 pitches on a regular basis at 20 years old, you can go ahead and pencil him in for the same unfortunate career arc as Dwight Gooden, Steve Avery, Kerry Wood, etc.

I think the Yankees know exactly what they have in him and will handle him like they should. Joe Torre is notorius for wearing out his bullpen but their starters are rarely over extended.

I don't know. Considering how long a career Torre's had as a manager, he really hasn't developed many young pitchers. Other than Andy Pettitte, I can't name a single young pitcher that's come up under him and gone on to have a successful career. (He did burn Ken Hill's arm out back with the Cardinals, though.)

It'll be interesting to see how he's handled. If he's great, the pressure to ride him hard will be enormous. If he's so-so, the press will treat him like a bum.

He's had the pressure coming for a while now. That's why they've kept him down for so long. He's got the stuff, they just wanted him to have time to adjust to everyone gunning for him. It's been 2 years now so he'll have to do something.

4.1 IP 4 runs 7 hits 5 K 1 BB

Comparable to many other "phenoms".

He looked pretty good.

We suck now. 7 losses in a row. How can you mis-spend 185 million dollars?

VN Store

Back