The Official New York Knicks Thread.

I think an under-discussed component of the trade was getting off Barrett. He's not a bad basketball player but the contract is stupid and his career trajectory doesn't inspire much hope. Has he improved at all the last few years? He's a floor guy, not a ceiling guy. Knicks raised the floor and are no longer satisfied with that. They gotta raise the ceiling.

Reactions: YankeeVol
Brunson is on a heater. As a Knicks fan, we have been through some dark times the past 20 years. I think Brunson has done more for me as a fan in 2 years than Melo did in 7.

Reactions: NashVol11
Brunson is on a heater. As a Knicks fan, we have been through some dark times the past 20 years. I think Brunson has done more for me as a fan in 2 years than Melo did in 7.

Well on his way to being the most popular Knick ever. He's the perfect NYK guy.

I ripped Chris Wallace for taking Jevon Carter over Brunson in the Grizzlies thread in 2018...

I mean he screwed that pick up so bad we got Ja the next year but still....

Nobody thought Brunson was gonna be good, tho. Mavs had him for years and didn't think he was worth $22m/yr, or whatever it is. You were out on a limb. Props.

Reactions: CornbreadVol
Nobody thought Brunson was gonna be good, tho. Mavs had him for years and didn't think he was worth $22m/yr, or whatever it is. You were out on a limb. Props.

Trust me, I didnt expect this. The Grizzlies at that time needed a guy that could play backup PG with Conley getting older. I figured Brunson would become similar to what Tyus Jones is now. I clearly undersold his impact. I just knew J. Carter didn't have the offensive game or shot to play with starters consistently...

Trust me, I didnt expect this. The Grizzlies at that time needed a guy that could play backup PG with Conley getting older. I figured Brunson would become similar to what Tyus Jones is now. I clearly undersold his impact. I just knew J. Carter didn't have the offensive game or shot to play with starters consistently...

In hindsight, Jevon Carter is an above average NBA career vs. Where he was picked, too.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Brunson is everything the Knicks want in a player. He's got the underdog element, like what made Starks such an outsized figure. He's tough. He's not afraid of the moment. His game would translate so well to street hoops where nobody is giving you foul calls. He's basically a local and a perfect fit for the culture. Everybody loves the whole Villanova vibe and they're hopeful about getting Bridges.

And of course, winning games and playoff series and squeaking into the MVP convo doesn't hurt.

VN Store

Back