The Official New England Patriots Thread

True, but I just wouldn't take him in the first.

He's the highest graded RB in the draft by McShay (so far) and with the 22nd pick its not bad......I wouldn't take him with their first pick but I won't argue at 22

Best coaching job I've seen in a long-time.

This team wasn't supposed to make it this far.

Draft is loaded next year.

Reload, grow up, and come back.

Uh...I'm pretty sure the Pats were supposed to go MUCH further, like to the Super Bowl. Then they were supposed to dominate it, right?

My opinon on our draft picks so far:

OT Nate Solder: Good pick up, kid is an athletic freak! We needed on OT w/ the chance Matt Light leaves. Some teams had Solder as the #1 overall OT on the board. He played TE his freshmen year at Colorado & then was moved over to OT & only missed 3 plays in his career.

DB Ras-I Dowling: Didnt like this pick, we needed a pass rusher yet we took another DB. If Ras-I would have came out last year he would have been a 1st round pick. He was plagued w/ alot of injuries his SR year at UVA. He has great size & decent speed, scouts say he is a good cover corner. Had a great year as a JR at UVA.

RB Shane Vereen: I really wanted Mark Ingram at pick 28 but we traded that to N.O., picking up Vereen here is a good pick up. He was the strongest RB at the combine. Has good size & speed. Has the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, one GM said he was the most ready to play RB in the draft behind Ingram. He shared the backfield with Javhid Best at Cal & one Scout believed Vereen was the better back. Does have some blocking & ball security issues to be worked on. Vereens dad played in the NFL

RB Stevan Ridley: Dont like this pick, had already took a RB. Like I mentioned we needed a pass rusher to help our D out. Ridley put up some good stats at LSU, can play RB & FB. Only started 9 games in his college career, is a North-South runner w/ cut back ability.

QB: Ryan Mallet: Was alot of controversey surrounding Mallet before the draft. He has all the measurables & intangibles you would want in a big time QB but drug & character issues over shadow that. If he is willing to come in & learn from BB & Brady this could be a steal in the draft, if he continues his ways he will get cut. Very high risk & high reward here. I LOVE this pick up if he is willing to straighten up.

With all that said I was very upset we didnt select Ingram at 28th when he fell right to our spot. BB has once again stockpiled picks for next year, the Patriots now have two 1st Round & two 2nd round picks in 2012.

NE is a perfect fit for Mallett long term. I like the pick BB has a way of bringing out the best in his players and there are very few off the field issues with character issue guys. On a side note you ever notice that ffree agents leaving NE rarely produce like they did once they leave?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm fairly content with the draft, no matter the WTH?? moments. Faulk is on the way out. Ridley is a PHYSICAL runner. Vereen is just a one of a kind player, I'm much happier with him over Leshoure.

In addition of the draft picks and misinformation campaign, our front office is running very efficiently.

So far today the Patriots have selected:

TCU OG Marcus Cannon

Marshall TE Lee Smith: Former Vol who was kicked off the team & then went to Marshall

Was actually in Boston when the news broke that we had traded for Haynesworth, the radio/tv shows were blasting BB & Haynesworth. Safe to say nobody likes the fact we traded for him.

I was leaving the Sox game on Thursday when the news broke we had traded for Ochocinco, was at the morning practice Friday when he first showed up, everyone went crazy.

Patriots just signed Shaun Ellis

Jets coach Rex Ryan wasn't happy that Ellis chose to sign with New York's biggest rival.

"The fact that he chose them ... there's no way I'm going to wish him well. There's no chance of that," he told reporters Sunday.
Boo hoo..Suck it! Nice pick up for the Pats..

Jets coach Rex Ryan wasn't happy that Ellis chose to sign with New York's biggest rival.

"The fact that he chose them ... there's no way I'm going to wish him well.
There's no chance of that," he told reporters Sunday.
Boo hoo..Suck it! Nice pick up for the Pats..

Though that they offered him a one year minimum contract....kinda doubt they truly cared all that much

Patriots have signed DE Andre Carter from Washington, Carter has 66 sacks in his 10 year career.

VN Store

Back