The Official NASCAR Talk Thread

Current France generation just don’t have there hearts in it like Bill France did. Brian is never at the track. You could never keep France sr and jr away from the track

Reactions: 1 person
I think his disease is starting to catch up with him and I hate that for him. We will find out if the equipment at Roush is just that bad or if it's been the driver IMO when Kenseth is behind the wheel.

💙🏁💙🏁💙🏁💙

I hate this for Trevor but I LOVE Matt Kenseth!! I haven’t watched a thing in racing since he left.
Now to renew my scanner app...

Just saw where they're running restrictor plates at the all Star race. Is Brian France deliberately trying to sabotage what's left of the sport before he sells it?

Just saw where they're running restrictor plates at the all Star race. Is Brian France deliberately trying to sabotage what's left of the sport before he sells it?

He's been killing it off for years.

It'll be interesting to see what they end up selling it for, the question is are they selling the tracks?

Meh this idea isn’t too bad. Charlotte is a boring track by itself. I’m interested in anything different for the all star race

Meh this idea isn’t too bad. Charlotte is a boring track by itself. I’m interested in anything different for the all star race

Imagine how boring it will be watching the cars go around single file for 50 laps. Nobody able to make a pass, or unwilling because they're afraid they'll get hung out to dry.

He's been killing it off for years.

It'll be interesting to see what they end up selling it for, the question is are they selling the tracks?

Sounded to me like just NASCAR is potentially up for sale. International Speedway Corporation is already a separate, publicly traded entity... so the France family can simply sell any holdings that they might still own on the open market if they want to cash out of any interest in the tracks.

They've done this before. Doesn't equate to good racing. They should let teams experiment without some of the rules and see if that makes for better racing. Otherwise they are just 'restricting'the teams and the sport.

NASCAR should experiment restrictor plates at Fontana and Michigan. If they want more pack racing, those are two tracks that it may work at.

In my opinion, NASCAR should do away with restrictor plate racing all together.....there are better ways to slow the cars down.

Cars we’re only reaching 165 mph at the end of the straightaways and no less than 160 mph through the turns during practice. That’s 1970’s nascar speeds.

Early reports from practice are promising. I’m anxiously curious to see how this package works tonight.

Last edited:
Cars we’re only reaching 165 mph at the end of the straightaways and no less than 160 mph through the turns during practice. That’s 1970’s nascar speeds.

Early reports from practice are promising. I’m anxiously curious to see how this package works tonight.

Practice seemed to go well enough, what they could manage to get in at least. I'll be curious to see it tonight myself. Did they put the plates on the trucks last night? May be a silly question but reason I ask, and keep in mind I only seen the last 20 laps or so, but they seemed to stay in a pack quite a bit and the commentators mentioned "if somebody could break away" so I took that as maybe they did?

They were reaching 168-169 mph at the end of the straights in quals, so I’m sure they’re doing around 175 mph or so in a pack. Still slow compared to unrestricted.

VN Store

Back