The Official Miami Heat Thread.

That's one of the coolest things I've ever seen an athlete do. You hit a half court shot as a fan and LeBron comes over and hugs you? THat's just so cool.

IDK how you can't like LeBron after that.

Didn't you know LBJ is a self centered azzhat and only looks out for himself. No matter how many rings he wins, he'll never be as good as Michael.

/sarcasm. I've always loved Lebron.

Last edited:
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade:combined for 184 points their last 3 games; opposing starters have combined for 182 over this stretch

Didn't you know LBJ is a self centered azzhat and only looks out for himself. No matter how many rings he wins, he'll never be as good as Michael.

/sarcasm. I've always loved Lebron.

The second sentence of your post is 100% correct. I don't like LeBron because he chose to simply join an all-star team to get his ring, but I don't really think he's a self centered asshat. He seems like a pretty good guy off the court.

As a side note, it's going to be a lot harder for me to hate the Heat if The Birdman starts seeing significant playing time.

The second sentence of your post is 100% correct. I don't like LeBron because he chose to simply join an all-star team to get his ring, but I don't really think he's a self centered asshat. He seems like a pretty good guy off the court.

As a side note, it's going to be a lot harder for me to hate the Heat if The Birdman starts seeing significant playing time.

so you don't like him because he did everything he could to win a ring?

so you don't like him because he did everything he could to win a ring?

I don't like the fact that he colluded with two other superstars to stack the deck in their favor such that there was almost no way they wouldn't win a title. I know his situation wasn't ideal in Cleveland, but I feel such open collusion between star players to create super-teams is a bad precedent for the NBA.

He didn't start that precedent. He wanted to win, and did what he had to. amazing a dude can be crucified for not closing the deal and winning every title in sight then crushed for trying to win.

I don't like the fact that he colluded with two other superstars to stack the deck in their favor such that there was almost no way they wouldn't win a title. I know his situation wasn't ideal in Cleveland, but I feel such open collusion between star players to create super-teams is a bad precedent for the NBA.

Aw, poor thing.

LeBron James gave up $20M to better his chances at winning a title.

How many athletes have done that?

Reactions: 1 person
He didn't start that precedent. He wanted to win, and did what he had to. amazing a dude can be crucified for not closing the deal and winning every title in sight then crushed for trying to win.

I can't recall ever crushing him for not winning a title in Cleveland. I actually liked him a lot when he played for the Cavs. He did everything in his power to win, and nearly dragged that team to a title, but they just never got the right pieces around him to provide enough help.

IMO there's a lot more honor in giving it your all and simply coming up short than there is in winning simply because you stacked the deck in your favor. To me, cheering for the Heat to win would be like standing around a blackjack table in Vegas and cheering as the house cleaned people out.

Hahaha. You're outside your mind, man. Knocking a guy for doing everything he can to win a title is nutty.

Hahaha. You're outside your mind, man. Knocking a guy for doing everything he can to win a title is nutty.

Really? Even if it involves off-court collusion? I won't ever knock his on court game. Like I said, I actually really liked the guy right up until "The Decision". Since then, not so much.

"Hey d wade we should play together and win a title."

horrible guy.

"Hey d wade we should play together and win a title."

horrible guy.

Yeah, remember in 1990, after coming up short for a few years when MJ tried to join Magic and the Lakers just so he could win a ring. Wait, that never happened?

Yeah, true, MJ didn't play with two hall of famers to win his titles.

Yeah, true, MJ didn't play with two hall of famers to win his titles.

He waited things out and let the Bulls build around him. It took nearly 10 years before he won his first title.

Either way, I'm out of here. After "The Decision" I won't ever enjoy seeing LeBron and Co. win. I'll leave you and your fellow Eastern Conference All-Stars fans in peace.

wonder if pippen and rodman were ever all star caliber players.

WTF

Jordan had the good fortune of playing with arguably the 2 best forwards in the league for his 6 titles. Both Horace Grant and Dennis Rodman are underrated, and Pippen was a legitimate HOF. Shame on Lebron for wanting to play with a pretty good forward, and the best SG.

Before The Decision, everyone in the media was saying that LeBron's best move was to go to Chicago to play with Derrick Rose. I never understood why that would have been okay but playing with Wade instead was contemptible.

VN Store

Back