The Official Joe Gibbs Racing Team Thread

I actually hated the fact that JGR went to Toyota. Doesn't mean I won't still root for the drivers.

So I wonder when(which I think is gonna happen) JGR will bring a 4th team to the Sprint Cup

A crew chief swap might be in the works at JGR. Mike Ford might go to the #20 & Greg Zippadelli might go to the #11.

I'm down for that swap. Something is off with those cars this year

Excellent day for those two....and Logano finished 11th

Kyle had another car that could have won tonight but had to make an unscheduled pit stop. He would have brought home a top 10 at worst if it wasnt for the brush up w/ Harvick at the end. Kyle remains 3rd in points.

Speaking of the brush up, thats what Harvick gets for knocking Kyles side off all the way down the back stretch & at the restart. Dont play that game w/ Kyle b/c he is the best at it.

Kyle still managed to finish 11th which isn't too bad considering

Nice 6th pace finish for Hamlin. He had a career average finish of 6.6 at Darlington going into the race

Was great to see Kyle bring that car home 4th, it was junk all day. He was good on the short runs but the car went away after about 15 laps on each run. He remains 3rd in points.

Kyle's car failed the post-race inspection. Passed pre-race. It will be interesting to see what penalties come down.

Kyle's car failed the post-race inspection. Passed pre-race. It will be interesting to see what penalties come down.

They announced the penalties yesterday. From Jayski...

NASCAR has penalized the #18 team in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series as a result of rule infractions discovered during post-race inspection Sunday at Pocono Raceway.
The #18 Toyota was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-J (any determination by NASCAR officials that race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-12.8.1B (body height requirements  car failed to meet the minimum front car heights) of the 2011 NASCAR rule book.
As a result, crew chief Dave Rogers has been fined $25,000, while owner Joe Gibbs and driver Kyle Busch have been penalized with the loss of six championship owner and six championship driver points, respectively.(NASCAR)

All JGR cars have unapproved oil pans today, it hasn't been a good week for JGR...

VN Store

Back